Most Powerful Nation in the World - Great Britain

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Most Powerful Nation in the World - Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

pczz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 am And who has defeated us. Start the List French in 1066, USA something to d with tea, the zulus, the Thais cos we chickened out of that one, the japanese, the germans (which we did eventually win with the help of the commonwealth and the Us. Sadly we are just a piddly little island off the coats of Europe. We will have 2 aircraft carriers eventually, but one is plagued by leaks, noone joins the army so we are relying on foreigners from the commonwealth and its only going to get worse. the last thing we had was a reputaion for being sensible and fairplay and that gone out the windows with Windrush scandle and Brexit. Amazing we have an Indian in charge of immigration, and she is the daughet of refugees. Bet I can guess who will be replacing the cheap european labour at the end of the year
No we don't. Priti Patel, the Home Secretary was born in London. British Passport. British. Unlike the Windrush lot who were not born in Britain and despite decades to get their shit in order, and fully aware of the ever tightening rules on immigrations from Jamaica, never bothered to get British Passports.

Much like that bunch of Jamaican drug dealers who have been in the UK for decades too and couldn't be assed to get proper citizenship and are now getting deported. And that senile old communist Corbyn wants them to stay and the thickest man in Parliament, David Lammy, is shouting his mouth of about "black lives matter," as if they were facing the firing squad. Fucking idiots.

I like Patel, she is going to sling out thousands of the foreign criminals and there's nothing all the bleeding hearts can do about it. She should cut off all legal aid to those parasite law firms as well (like the one Sadiq Khan used to work for) who waste time and money defending these people.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

This still makes me chuckle.

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pczz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 am Amazing we have an Indian in charge of immigration, and she is the daughet of refugees.
She isn't the daughter of refugees, her parents immigrated from Uganda in the 1960s.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

If you want to cut the numbers coming in, it might be better if she was the daughter of refugees.
Every refugee and immigrant that i have ever known in Australia wanted to pull up the drawbridge 5 minutes after they arrived.

LOL
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 pm
pczz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 am Amazing we have an Indian in charge of immigration, and she is the daughet of refugees.
She isn't the daughter of refugees, her parents immigrated from Uganda in the 1960s.
re you sure? one of the papers said her parents were among the refugees allowed in to escape idi amins purge of asians
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:14 pm
pczz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 am And who has defeated us. Start the List French in 1066, USA something to d with tea, the zulus, the Thais cos we chickened out of that one, the japanese, the germans (which we did eventually win with the help of the commonwealth and the Us. Sadly we are just a piddly little island off the coats of Europe. We will have 2 aircraft carriers eventually, but one is plagued by leaks, noone joins the army so we are relying on foreigners from the commonwealth and its only going to get worse. the last thing we had was a reputaion for being sensible and fairplay and that gone out the windows with Windrush scandle and Brexit. Amazing we have an Indian in charge of immigration, and she is the daughet of refugees. Bet I can guess who will be replacing the cheap european labour at the end of the year
No we don't. Priti Patel, the Home Secretary was born in London. British Passport. British. Unlike the Windrush lot who were not born in Britain and despite decades to get their shit in order, and fully aware of the ever tightening rules on immigrations from Jamaica, never bothered to get British Passports.

Much like that bunch of Jamaican drug dealers who have been in the UK for decades too and couldn't be assed to get proper citizenship and are now getting deported. And that senile old communist Corbyn wants them to stay and the thickest man in Parliament, David Lammy, is shouting his mouth of about "black lives matter," as if they were facing the firing squad. Fucking idiots.

I like Patel, she is going to sling out thousands of the foreign criminals and there's nothing all the bleeding hearts can do about it. She should cut off all legal aid to those parasite law firms as well (like the one Sadiq Khan used to work for) who waste time and money defending these people.
Priti parent are indian who fled Idi Aminin in uganda according to a press report. She also lost her previous Cabinet job due to dodgy dealings in her capacity as an adviser to Indian firms. Would be interesting to find out if she also has or can acquire an indian passport. Apparently 20 of out illustrious MP's got themselevs EU passports before voting for brexit and were asked to resigne by one of the brexit activists. Patel is a bitch who wouldn't let her own parents in if she was in charge at the time. Most of the Foreign criminals you refer to shoudl never have been here or should have been expelled a long time ago, but for reasons beat known to the government we never implemented the EU rules. I have just been through getting residnece in another EU country and they did police checks and financial checks and they can throw me out anytime they like if I commit a crime with a sentence of 1 year or more, even if i only get a community servcie order. Dont blame the Eu for the british Governemnts failure to apply EU law
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pczz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:48 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 pm
re you sure? one of the papers said her parents were among the refugees allowed in to escape idi amins purge of asians
I am sure, like I said they emigrated from Uganda in the 1960s. Her family were relatively wealthy merchants and not "refugees". Idi Amin didn't come to power till 1971, years after they had left.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

You are right, Patels family came here before Idi Amin threw all the asians out. I think they were wealthy.

Unlike Javids family, he claims his dad arrived in the UK with £1 in his pocket and got a job as a bus driver. I am suspicious about the details of this story. How did his dad have a UK driving licence ? You need one to do the bus training. How did he survive on £1 whilst training and so on ......
I suspect he has wildly exaggerated this story. He is a big fan of Ayn rand so maybe that has something to do with it ?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Well I suppose we will have to take a view on that. A polich person feeing the ukl in2016 after the referendum may just have seen the writing on the wall. Anit asian sentimentt was rife in uganda before idi Amin threw them out, same as anti european sentiment has been stirred up by the tory party for the last 25 years. i am old enough to remember Enoch powell and the Rivers of Blood speech. In my opinion the biritish government''s decision to let in east eurpeans earlier than in the Eu generally was fueled by a desire to counter the racist furore that was building. In 20years he second language in Uk changed from urdu to Polish as the mainly Catholic east europeans came to the Uk and hadlots of children. the very same people like my sister, who complained about tall the pakistanis and indians choking the schools and doctors surgeries are now the one complaining bout the poles and other easyt europeans. in 10 years they will be complaining about asians again, as the Tory party doesnt care where cheap labour comes from as long as it gets it. Now we have a chancellor and a head of legal in the Uk also second generation immigrants. https://news.sky.com/story/who-is-new-c ... k-11933278. Surely it is time for the Uk to adopt Australian rules. no dual nationals in Parliament, because they have a conflict of interest. Doesnt matter if its a half german half english MP voting on trade deals with BMW, or a half english half Austrlain voting on butter imports or a half indian half englsih voting on rice imports. The conflict is there. Lets take back control from brussels and then give it to dual nationals? doesnt make much sense really, still foreigners running the show
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

India treats her expats severely. I believe your rights to own land are curtailed when you become non resident and other restrictions apply.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic