Cambodian lovers?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian lovers?

Post by John Bingham »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:07 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:20 am
Unlike most of the rest of Asia, it is probably almost as common to see a foreign woman with a Cambodian man as it is to see a foreign man with a Cambodian woman.
That's not a Cambodia I recognize.
I think you'd be surprised at the amount of foreign women in relationships with Cambodian males, many have kids and are married, many have moved back to their home countries together...it's just not very common to see these couples hanging around bars etc.
I don't hang around bars much either. I am aware of their existence and know a few but it is certainly not true that it's as common to see them as much as foreign men with Cambodian women.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Brody wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:01 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:08 am He also says:
Cambodian women are probably the least attractive race of women in Southeast Asia
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Yerg wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:30 am
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:04 am
hunter8 wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:51 pm
hunter8 wrote:
We men cannot afford to be sensitive to what girls say. Score whatever it takes or stay home.
Pardon?
If it needs to be explained then it needn’t be explained. Suffice it to say this kind of situations are not uncommon.
No seriously - what are you on about?
I'm confused too. Is it just me, or is this an okay to say that if someone says "NO", then it's okay to be 'insensitive' to what a girl might say? "Score whatever it takes..." reads like "Get me some of mine and to hell with what the other wanted".

If I have understood this wrong, then perhaps @rozzieoz is not the only one who has completely misunderstood you. So perhaps it does need explaining, because I am at a complete loss...
whatever it takes, score. if you aren't going to put the effort in to score a woman, stay at home. Going out is for scoring. I don't read that as ignore any No from a woman. It means find a woman who won't say no.

Or maybe I misunderstood. It wouldn't be the first time.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

violet wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:59 pm whatever it takes, score. if you aren't going to put the effort in to score a woman, stay at home. Going out is for scoring. I don't read that as ignore any No from a woman. It means find a woman who won't say no.

Correct.
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

I will be honest I only read the part about dating Cambodian Men and I thought he sounded a bit full of himself in that. looking at his other works you can clearly see he is a crack pot. 😂
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

What's all this "scoring" a woman about? It sounds rather juvenile, like the way teenagers might have talked years ago. Scoring a girl at the rugby club disco, scoring some hash. I can understand the elation one might feel when a person clicks with another and there's a mutual feeling that leads to a pleasant relationship. However if it's just a furtive cash negotiation that's not quite the same thing. Of course that can be mutually beneficial but it's not really like it takes any charm or skill other than what's in your wallet. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:53 pm What's all this "scoring" a woman about? It sounds rather juvenile, like the way teenagers might have talked years ago. Scoring a girl at the rugby club disco, scoring some hash. I can understand the elation one might feel when a person clicks with another and there's a mutual feeling that leads to a pleasant relationship. However if it's just a furtive cash negotiation that's not quite the same thing. Of course that can be mutually beneficial but it's not really like it takes any charm or skill other than what's in your wallet. :?
You are right to some extent but not completely. There are still variables, you can usually feel if the girl likes you or just wants cash by how she talks, what she says and asks. Elation is possible.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hunter8 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:38 pm
violet wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:59 pm whatever it takes, score. if you aren't going to put the effort in to score a woman, stay at home. Going out is for scoring. I don't read that as ignore any No from a woman. It means find a woman who won't say no.

Correct.
yeah its how i read it too
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:46 pm Plenty of young Khmer guys who go after female tourists in SR, Shk/Otres and on the islands. Female backpackers are usually down for whatever, they leave all their inhibitions at home.
Plus they cannot get laid cos all the white bys are chasing nice skinnty asian ladies :stir:
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Kinetic wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:18 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:46 pm Plenty of young Khmer guys who go after female tourists in SR, Shk/Otres and on the islands. Female backpackers are usually down for whatever, they leave all their inhibitions at home.
Really? I don't question your words but I did not see that in these places. I saw khmer girls/women hunting white males but I never saw that with the khmer guys. Only saw tuktuk drivers trying to grab customers with charming words.
100% they do, I remember a time back in Koh Rong about 6 years ago there was few plus size ladies in their late 20s/early 30s who all had some young 19/20 year old toned Khmer guys who were there in a similar financial agreement as some of the girls hired for long time in PP. Food,drinks a share of the hotel room plus a little extra in return for the boyfriend experience.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic