The Man, the Legand, the Pervert

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: The Man, the Legand, the Pervert

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Ghostwriter wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:20 pm A few fine ones from frogland
Reiser :
Image Image

Franquin :
ImageImage

Maester :

Edika :
ImageImage

Gottlib :
ImageImage Image
Great stuff!!!! I love Reiser.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

If u have not seen the movie "Crumb", (Just re watched it after 20 years), I highly recommend it. A incredible autobiographical insight into his mind and is out of sync brothers.

his most famous image
A drawing by R. Crumb entitled R. Crumb's famous "Keep on Truckin'" illustration, one of many pieces by the artist on display at the Contemporary Art Galleries (courtesy of Dale AJ Rose)
As films featuring superheroes from Marvel and DC comic books continue to dominate box offices around the world, a less heralded group of comic characters and their artists from the countercultural Underground Comix movement of the 1960s and 1970s are still redefining graphic arts, comics, and cartoons.

Robert Crumb was among the most famous and prolific artists associated with the “comix” movement – satirical, self-published, and focused on content forbidden by the mainstream Comics Code Authority – with his role as a founder of Zap Comix; creator of counterculture characters in comic strips including “Fritz the Cat,” “Mr. Natural,” and “Keep on Truckin'”; and illustrator of album covers, most notably “Cheap Thrills” by Big Brother and the Holding Company, whose lead singer was Janis Joplin, and “The Music Never Stopped: Roots of the Grateful Dead.”

An exhibition titled “R. Crumb: Drawings, Prints & Books,” is on display at The Contemporary Art Galleries, located in the Art Building, through March 6. The works by Crumb are from the collection of Dale AJ Rose, professor emeritus of acting, and the director of performance training and associate artistic director for the Connecticut Repertory Theatre, who has collected Crumb’s art for more than 50 years.
https://today.uconn.edu/2020/02/keep-tr ... galleries/#

fyi; In the 2003 movie American Splendor, Crumb was portrayed by James Urbaniak.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I watched "Crumb" yesterday, i always suspected he was a bit odd and he is but his brothers take the biscuit, a very strange family altogether.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

playing with his band

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:23 pm one of my favorite artists. :beer3: :beer3:

“If it repulses you, do not look at it.”

Wow ... 40 some minute S ?

Hello.

I’m frank . I can’t do PM on here and would like to ask you something you seems to know about .

I would appreciate if. ... you Can you send me a pm with yer email address ?

Thanx.
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

phuketrichard post_id=397345 time=1581315837 user_id=96]
one of my favorite artists. :beer3: :beer3:

by pissontheroof » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:25 pm
Hello.

I’m frank . I can’t do PM on here and would like to ask you something you seems to know about .

Thanx.
Me?
click on my handle and send me a pm, i dont give out my email. :beer3:
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:50 pm
phuketrichard post_id=397345 time=1581315837 user_id=96]
one of my favorite artists. :beer3: :beer3:

by pissontheroof » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:25 pm
Hello.

Thanx.
Me?
click on my handle and send me a pm, i dont give out my email. :beer3:
I can’t do it , restricted , anyway , they don’t allow for more pineapples , any whay itsnot life or death and don’t imagine yore the panacea , just wanted to ask you to cover that base since yer ( or “ ur” if you prefer ) Mr. Mai penrai

Just a banking question and I got at least abot 15 email address I can use from every new thing I get gives me a new email .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

send ya an pm,just reply
or just ask here
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:41 am send ya an pm,just reply
or just ask here
I can not reply to your private message
this aint the right thread ,its about wiring money from my own account From Bank of America to ABA here
I pay the banks 45$ every month ....
wire transfer they said costs more
as it is now im paying 14$ per ATM transaction fee for every $1000 withdrawn $9 here , $5 there .
I can't find any cheaper way to get money here
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic