Vasectomy in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Vasectomy in Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:05 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am An old friend had a vasectomy here, not long after his first born had arrived.

Three years later he fathered a daughter. His tubes joined back up.
Hmmm, I think I would be paying for a DNA test on the day of the birth, if I was still around by then.

That would be a very long and testy 9 months to wait to find out if your missus had been playing away or your vasectomy had reversed itself.

Seriously, if a friend told you he had the snip but his missus was now pregnant and she's still claiming fidelity, what would your advice to him be?
I was going to say along the same lines but didn’t want to sound insensitive.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

hunter8 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:07 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am An old friend had a vasectomy here, not long after his first born had arrived.

Hmmm, I think I would be paying for a DNA test on the day of the birth, if I was still around by then.

That would be a very long and testy 9 months to wait to find out if your missus had been playing away or your vasectomy had reversed itself.

Seriously, if a friend told you he had the snip but his missus was now pregnant and she's still claiming fidelity, what would your advice to him be?
I was going to say along the same lines but didn’t want to sound insensitive.
I'll probably get it in the neck now...
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Bang one off into a test tube and have the sperm count checked.....If it comes back zero tell her to do one..... :shock:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

He was my friend, so I didn't say anything to him.

Others did, and they didn't get the kindest comebacks in the world!

The child was shown to be his, and he had had his sperm count checked before birth, so he wasn't too doubtful.

They now live in their dad's home country.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

jubo2 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:56 am
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:48 pm Still to this day I have absolutely no understanding as to why any male on the planet would ever have this done to them

What I still don't understand is why anybody has kids or why they could take the risk to have some...
I actually understand why people have kids or risk having them a lot more than sharp instruments cutting into your scrotum but to each his own!
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:54 pm
jubo2 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:56 am
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:48 pm Still to this day I have absolutely no understanding as to why any male on the planet would ever have this done to them

What I still don't understand is why anybody has kids or why they could take the risk to have some...
I actually understand why people have kids or risk having them a lot more than sharp instruments cutting into your scrotum but to each his own!
Or your kids cut you with sharp instruments
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:03 pm

He was my friend, so I didn't say anything to him.

Others did, and they didn't get the kindest comebacks in the world!

The child was shown to be his, and he had had his sperm count checked before birth, so he wasn't too doubtful.

They now live in their dad's home country.
Im glad in all turned out well. No disrespect intended mate.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

atst wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:52 pm
[/quote
Any man who cares for his wife would prefer this than the alternative to what women need to do
It's also a safeguard if you're single and don't want any kids,
What you think you lost your manhood because your shooting blanks,
If youare single and playing you should be using a condom. vasectomy is no protection.. :stir:
My brother in law had it donw in uk and had complications which are apparently quite commone. he described it as someone hitting him in the nuts with a sledgehammer and it went on for 2 months. After that turned out they hadnt done it properly and he could still become s father so he had to have it done again. U r warned
Shiny
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Shiny »

So nobody has had any first (or even second-hand) experience with Marie Stopes clinic in PP?
Seems such a waste to go all the way to Bangkok for a ten minute procedure.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

There are other ways to try before having a vasectomy . Testosterone injections, and cryptorchidism for birth control treatment. The latter is widely used in farm breeding where you need an animal eg,, a bull to perform the act and show the female is on heat, but not impregnate the female ,,, which is then done by artificial insemination. The same results are obtained by men wearing tight underpants that keep the testicles closer to the body thereby overheating them and lowering the sperm count. Both systems are totally reversible but not 100% reliable.

As usual,, do your own search.

[ Quote ]
Physical Symptoms
There are many physical signs that your testosterone levels might be on the high side. Hair loss, for example, is often found in men with above average testosterone levels. Believe it or not, excess testosterone levels can actually overwhelm the male reproductive system and cause the testes to essentially shut down. This causes the testicles to shrink over time. The high amount of testosterone can also lower your sperm count before it shuts down your reproductive system entirely.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic