Cambodian lovers?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian lovers?

Post by John Bingham »

Unlike most of the rest of Asia, it is probably almost as common to see a foreign woman with a Cambodian man as it is to see a foreign man with a Cambodian woman.
That's not a Cambodia I recognize.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I’ve known a relationship Khmer tuk tuk driver and young American girl.

Seems a rough dating pool for women here. I know in the professional workplace seemed heavily skewed towards women, not enough blokes with decent jobs. And the expat pool of men that isn’t sexpats, deathpats, or alcoholics/addicts is interested in Asian women.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Yerg wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:30 am
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:04 am
hunter8 wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:51 pm
hunter8 wrote:
We men cannot afford to be sensitive to what girls say. Score whatever it takes or stay home.
Pardon?
If it needs to be explained then it needn’t be explained. Suffice it to say this kind of situations are not uncommon.
No seriously - what are you on about?
I'm confused too. Is it just me, or is this an okay to say that if someone says "NO", then it's okay to be 'insensitive' to what a girl might say? "Score whatever it takes..." reads like "Get me some of mine and to hell with what the other wanted".

If I have understood this wrong, then perhaps @rozzieoz is not the only one who has completely misunderstood you. So perhaps it does need explaining, because I am at a complete loss...
Insensitive in the sense that some girls ask for money before not after which takes away romantic feelings and turns this into a pure business transaction. What’s a man to do then? Be strong and score no matter, if nothing else it’s a good physical exercise.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:20 am
Unlike most of the rest of Asia, it is probably almost as common to see a foreign woman with a Cambodian man as it is to see a foreign man with a Cambodian woman.
^Agree. I just read the blog post from the link and it's a load of crap IMO.
He also says:
Cambodian women are generally disappointing. Physically, they are probably the least attractive race of women in Southeast Asia, and they do little to make up for this with their personalities. It is quite rare to see a foreign man in a long-term relationship with a Cambodian woman.
That was in 2009, then in 2011, he wrote this blog post, that I don't recognize either: http://www.roadjunky.com/1452/the-surre ... -cambodia/
Too much weed IMO. :bong:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

it all seems simple to me;
If a girl /guy is working in a bar and you pay a bar fine to take her/him out ( dinner, dancing home to bed)
you should understand it is a business transaction and pay at the end of the night (or next morning)

If you pick her/or IF he picks you up at a bar, club, street, (and its a local)..... Than you need to ask if she/he is expecting something at the end of the night. Yea it may not be as romantic, but will avoid any confusion the next day

As to the kuta cowboys, I spoke with a few of them when i was down there in 2017, none of them came from Bali but all came from Java and all had regular local gf's and some had, ( more than 1) overseas gf's that supported them.

Phuket, Samui, Pattaya also have guys for rent. There the ones that work on the beach, ( same as the Kuta cowboys sans guitars) , renting jet-skis, parasailing.
The Japanese girls love them..
...It is quite rare to see a foreign man in a long-term relationship with a Cambodian woman.
BS :facepalm:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:08 am
^Agree. I just read the blog post from the link and it's a load of crap IMO.
He also says:
Cambodian women are generally disappointing. Physically, they are probably the least attractive race of women in Southeast Asia, and they do little to make up for this with their personalities. It is quite rare to see a foreign man in a long-term relationship with a Cambodian woman.
That was in 2009, then in 2011, he wrote this blog post, that I don't recognize either: http://www.roadjunky.com/1452/the-surre ... -cambodia/
Too right! I just looked at that link:
"I laid in my $2 bed and thought about it, lighting a fat joint of my free bud and thinking about how filthy and worthless I was at that moment in my life. I had just arrived in Phomn Penh, Cambodia, the day before my 19th birthday."

Diary of a pennyless and brain dead Bogan! :plus1:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

rozzieoz wrote:....We got to my place (in his tuk tuk) and before I even poured a drink he told me his wife in the province needed $50 for something or other...
He was quite honest with you. If all the girls working in bars were that honest there would be a lot fewer guys with broken hearts in the Kingdom of Wonder.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:08 am He also says:
Cambodian women are probably the least attractive race of women in Southeast Asia
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:08 am That was in 2009, then in 2011, he wrote this blog post, that I don't recognize either: http://www.roadjunky.com/1452/the-surre ... -cambodia/
It's totally ridiculous.
For $30 you could rent heavy weaponry and just go use it in the mountains, shoot whatever you like and no one would say anything about it.
After the standard 20 minute wait for the drink to arrive (everything was hand cut and smashed, blenders being non-existent in a country coming out of 60 years of war and genocide)
Across the lake was one of the worst shanties in the city. Over there, there would be no rats or dogs. Everything would be eaten.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I think you'd be surprised at the amount of foreign women in relationships with Cambodian males, many have kids and are married, many have moved back to their home countries together...it's just not very common to see these couples hanging around bars etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic