Vasectomy in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Vasectomy in Cambodia

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

atst wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:52 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:48 pm Still to this day I have absolutely no understanding as to why any male on the planet would ever have this done to them
Any man who cares for his wife would prefer this than the alternative to what women need to do
It's also a safeguard if you're single and don't want any kids,
What you think you lost your manhood because your shooting blanks,
No I just don't want sharp things anywhere near my cock or balls thanks m8
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

I think it should be mandatory for all male babies to be given a vasectomy at birth. When a man is older and wants children, he should have to prove he's not a shitcunt, take an IQ test, and have X amount of cash in the bank to get his sperm back and destroy his life with the burden of having a child that'll just end up witnessing some kind of brutal mad max post-apocalyptic dystopia and die a slow and painful death anyway in the not so distant future!

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:01 pm
atst wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:52 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:48 pm Still to this day I have absolutely no understanding as to why any male on the planet would ever have this done to them
Any man who cares for his wife would prefer this than the alternative to what women need to do
It's also a safeguard if you're single and don't want any kids,
What you think you lost your manhood because your shooting blanks,
No I just don't want sharp things anywhere near my cock or balls thanks m8
To make matters worse, if you have a reversible procedure, there is a risk that the tubes grow back on their own (you know, like your body trying to heal itself), then you have to go through it twice.

I didn't fancy sharp things near my nuts either, but I had it done. The old adage of "Doctor, remove the pain but please leave the swelling" was never truer. And to my eternal surprise, some 8 or 9 years later, one of my tubes decided it wasn't quite finished yet. So now I either go for the Catholic rhythm method, or I undergo procedure #2.

Having to lie to your significant other that you might have an STI is infinitely better than she finds out that you are now capable of fathering a Khmer/Barang baby. :whip:
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Captain Bonez wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:39 pm I think it should be mandatory for all male babies to be given a vasectomy at birth. When a man is older and wants children, he should have to prove he's not a shitcunt, take an IQ test, and have X amount of cash in the bank to get his sperm back and destroy his life with the burden of having a child that'll just end up witnessing some kind of brutal mad max post-apocalyptic dystopia and die a slow and painful death anyway in the not so distant future!

Whilst making me chuckle, you must be a scream to have a beer with... :beer3:
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

Captain Bonez wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:39 pm I think it should be mandatory for all male babies to be given a vasectomy at birth. When a man is older and wants children, he should have to prove he's not a shitcunt, take an IQ test, and have X amount of cash in the bank to get his sperm back and destroy his life with the burden of having a child that'll just end up witnessing some kind of brutal mad max post-apocalyptic dystopia and die a slow and painful death anyway in the not so distant future!
Not sure having selective breeding for a couple of generations excluding all but successful business people would be all that smart.
The offspring would probably have significantly lower survivability once the apocalypse happens.

So in order for making long term changes to the gene pool, you also need to include the ability to handle an apocalypse or two, otherwise, it was just a genetic dead end.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

What I still don't understand is why anybody has kids or why they could take the risk to have some...
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Yerg wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:46 pm Whilst making me chuckle, you must be a scream to have a beer with... :beer3:
Lol, Bonezy clearly has some unresolved daddy issues.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

An old friend had a vasectomy here, not long after his first born had arrived.

Three years later he fathered a daughter. His tubes joined back up.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am An old friend had a vasectomy here, not long after his first born had arrived.

That's what I call paying pipe!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am An old friend had a vasectomy here, not long after his first born had arrived.

Hmmm, I think I would be paying for a DNA test on the day of the birth, if I was still around by then.

That would be a very long and testy 9 months to wait to find out if your missus had been playing away or your vasectomy had reversed itself.

Seriously, if a friend told you he had the snip but his missus was now pregnant and she's still claiming fidelity, what would your advice to him be?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic