Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by hunter8 »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:04 pm They told me, by omission, that malnutrition is not a significant issue in the current situation.
They couldn’t have told you that, you are making it up.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Seeya Hunter, sorry, i have other priorities.

Catchya on another topic, Bros.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

hunter8 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:02 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:49 am Malnutrition in Wuhan?

What i have gleaned from this video is that old disabled people have to walk 4km to buy food. There are no buses. Yes, malnutrition easy.
From another video from this teacher (she's wearing another mask there) you can learn some taxi's are still running, the news reports 'volunteers' are appointed in each block to buy stuff for the elderly/ sick. And in this video you can seen fresh bananas and even cherries in a random shop this teacher uses for her shopping.

So it seems your malnutrition story is pretty much debunked so far. And that makes sense. Once there's lack of food, there will be a major uproar and that's the last thing the CCP wants.

I don't want to paint any bright picture of life in Wuhan these days, but I think food is not their mail problem. Fear, anxiety, losing family members and friends and lack of information/ disinformation probably are the main issues.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Once again, selectively believing one video and ignoring the other. In another video they showed whole families locked in apartments. Taxi for the elderly? Yeah, right, even in the west not all old people can afford a taxi. That’s why they have public transportation. Oh and majority of people shop at markets, which are now far away and likely poorly stocked. Tell that woman to go make a video at the market where old people go shopping.

Look, I don’t have any story. I wouldn’t completely trust any of those videos, american teacher or chinese nurse. They can only provide hints of what may be going on. None of them can see the whole picture. I use common sense. It tells me locking down so huge areas will cause disruption in supplies. You can believe what you want.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

hunter8 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:33 pm Once again, selectively believing one video and ignoring the other. In another video they showed whole families locked in apartments. Taxi for the elderly? Yeah, right, even in the west not all old people can afford a taxi. That’s why they have public transportation. Oh and majority of people shop at markets, which are now far away and likely poorly stocked. Tell that woman to go make a video at the market where old people go shopping.

Look, I don’t have any story. I wouldn’t completely trust any of those videos, american teacher or chinese nurse. They can only provide hints of what may be going on. None of them can see the whole picture. I use common sense. It tells me locking down so huge areas will cause disruption in supplies. You can believe what you want.
Yes, that makes sense to me. But from disruption in supplies to malnutrition is a huge leap.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:55 pm from disruption in supplies to malnutrition is a huge leap.
2-5 days for most people. They don’t keep a monthly supply of food in their tiny city dwellings. The lock down has been on for over 2 weeks now.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by jah steu »

An interesting flu and corona virus comparison. One expert says he thinks this corona virus will eventually become one of the common viruses like other flu viruses we have. But he says the period before that is the great unknown.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-02- ... rticlelink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Elderly man in China wipes spit all over elevator buttons

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CM1Km_1581356535
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Brody wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:17 pm Elderly man in China wipes spit all over elevator buttons

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CM1Km_1581356535
That's not a spit.. :tongue:

JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

The thing I've been wondering about is that this is meant to have come from animals, wa gwan with all the animals then? Surely China must be littered with animal corpses? Or was it only a certain animal? I'm so startled!!
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic