Phuket speedboat head on crash - 2 kids killed

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Phuket speedboat head on crash - 2 kids killed

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Apologies if Richard has already posted it, I'm on my pad so dont have the skill to copy buut I've just seen a shocking video from yesterday of a head on collision in broad daylight in Phuket of 2 boats ramming into each other. Luckily one was empty but the other was full of tourists and 2 kids lost their lives.

Beyond belief, speed limit 5 knots boats going at 20. Its that Phuket Thaiger news site.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Phuket speedboat head on crash - 2 kids killed

Post by hanno »

Regrettably, this has happened before and will continue to happen.
wheninroam
Tourist

Post by wheninroam »

So sad, and probably so preventable. Nice to believe that lessons will be learned and won't happen again.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Happened yesterday morning

Two Russian children have died and some 22 people were injured following a high-speed speedboat collision off Phuket’s east coast just before 8am this morning.

https://thethaiger.com/wp-content/uploa ... 16.mp4?_=1

sad tale but accidents happen all the time here

i dont have the time nor interest in posting everything that happens in Phuket LOL
https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuk ... irmed-dead

I am truly amazed that more accidents dont happen in the sea. Am concerned everyday when i am out in the water that a parasail boat will hit me or someone, ( they dont even have a spotter onboard and it has happened more than once,, not to mention jetski accidents that dont even make the news)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

"Everybody Hates Jet Ski Riders"

A winge by a jet ski owner that made the front page of a right-wing tabloid paper in Oz (the story was of course giving a sympathetic hearing to the winger)
- just after a drunk jet ski rider killed two kids at the beach.

Hoons, almost all. Very few of them have any relationship with the water apart from wanting to tear it up.
The have seen a few vid clips and gone "Oh wow man, that is so cool. Rip tear slash"
Death to dolphins - and swimmers, divers, boats and even sun-bakers on the beach, often enough.

The big blessing is that 98.899% of them never ride their ski more than 5.5 times before the novelty wears off. seriously.
Second-hand they are cheaper than "almost never used" exercise machines in Pattaya.

Where i come from, the headline up top of this post ^^ is totally true.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Phuket opinion piece
i agree 1,000 %
in fact, am surprised there are not more accidents/deaths here
PHUKET: There’s nothing as sick, sad or ridiculous as the coffin of a child. This week Phuket’s so-called Marine Office and the public relations machine, which has bleated nothing but marine safety for nearly the past two years since the Phoenix tour boat disaster, now have two more in their ledger.

Phuket “marine safety officials” were warned not even two months ago when another boat collision off the east coast killed one boat captain and injured dozens of tourists.

In that collision, local officials took no corrective action because the person who died, Surat Mat-O-Sot, the 49-year-old captain of the tour boat “Choksuphasan 35”, was the one deemed solely responsible for the accident.

No one asked why Surat was still driving a boat full of tourists after he had already killed two Korean tourists and injured more than a dozen more in 2014 in the notorious capsizing when he bent over to pick up a black plastic bag that had blown into the cabin.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-op ... AUXlYLCyd0
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic