Child's Dead Body Found on the Road After Hit and Run

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Child's Dead Body Found on the Road After Hit and Run

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: A tragic event occurred on the afternoon of February 10, 2020 in Prey Lve village, Chom Chao 2 Commune, Por Senchey District in Phnom Penh, when a local car driver stopped and recovered the dead body of a 7-year-old girl which was lying on a dirt road.
The little girl was apparently hit and killed instantly by a truck while she was crossing the road. The truck driver drove off without stopping in order to flee the accident scene, although he must have known that he had hit the child.
The little girl was an orphan living with her grandparents who were working nearby. Her body was recovered and restored to them for the funeral rites. The authorities have been informed, and they are searching for the hit and run driver.
RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Child's Dead Body Found on the Road After Hit and Run

Post by Soriya »

The more i read on here the more i believe cambodians have no conscience and care very little for life.
RIP little one.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Soriya wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:50 pm The more i read on here the more i believe cambodians have no conscience and care very little for life.
Sure, every time I hear of a fatal accident anywhere in the world I blame the whole nation.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

If the villagers capture the guy, I wouldn't bet on his fate. Which is probably why he made a dusty disappearance.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:00 pm If the villagers capture the guy, I wouldn't bet on his fate. Which is probably why he made a dusty disappearance.
Yes, many an incidence of the mob beating someone to death.

I obviously don't condone hit and run, but as long as a mob can kick someone to death with apparent impunity after a fatal road accident, there will be drivers who make off and take their chances. Hopefully the drivers fesses up and pays up but I doubt it.

Poor little child, as if being an orphan wasn't enough of a bad hand being dealt her.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:54 pm
Soriya wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:50 pm The more i read on here the more i believe cambodians have no conscience and care very little for life.
Sure, every time I hear of a fatal accident anywhere in the world I blame the whole nation.
I have travelled the world pretty much.i have never read about so many people fleeing after accidents in any other countries i have been. So yes,i stick by my initial assessment.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

And the mob beating beating people to death sums up their values on anyones lives.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

Agree I have travelled the world and never seen this as bad as it is here, the blatent disregard of life by the wealthy upon the poor and their ability to avoid justice, absolutely understand mob beatings.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sure, every Cambodian does hit and runs and mob beatings, it's in their blood - just like English people always stab people and Americans shoot schoolchildren.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Soriya wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:10 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:54 pm
I have travelled the world pretty much.i have never read about so many people fleeing after accidents in any other countries i have been. So yes,i stick by my initial assessment.
But you are assuming that Cambodian drivers flee because they are guilty. Mostly, they run because they are afraid of being beaten up, even if they didn't cause the accident. They may even run to the police station.
This syndrome of running away from accidents is really bad in Cambodia, but IMO it comes from the general lack of trust in a corrupt justice system, rather than some genetic moral failure in Cambodian people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic