British JOHN DAVID HARRIS to be Deported from Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British JOHN DAVID HARRIS to be Deported from Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap, Cambodia Breaking News: On the morning of December 26, 2019, the Office of the Bureau of Investigation and Procedures of Siem Reap visited a room being rented by a foreigner in Chreav Village, Sangkat Chreav, Siem Reap.
According to Brigadier General Chea Kim San, Deputy Commissioner of the Siem Reap Provincial Police Commissariat for Immigration, a British man, 56-year-old JOHN DAVID HARRIS, with no occupation, was taken into custody for illegally residing in Cambodia. The British man arrived in Cambodia in September 2017, when he received a visa valid for one month. However, when his visa expired in October 2017, he did not get it extended because of insufficient funds.

Currently, the foreigner has been sent to Siem Reap eviction office to carry out the legal procedure.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British JOHN DAVID HARRIS to be Deported from Siem Reap

British Man JOHN DAVID HARRIS Deported to Thailand
Cambodia News, Siem Reap: At 7:25 pm on February 9, 2020, a British national was deported to Thailand from Cambodia by the Siem Reap International Police Station in collaboration with the Siem Reap Provincial Operations Team of the Immigration Department.
JOHN DAVID HARRIS , a 56-year-old British man, was expelled from the kingdom on flight LQ-670 (REP-BKK) from Siem Reap to Bangkok and is banned from reentering Cambodia for three years.
The British man had been held in custody in Siem Reap since he was arrested in December 2019 for staying in Cambodia illegally without the required documents. He entered Cambodia in 2017 on a one-month tourist visa.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

56? He looks at least 66. The effects of methamphetamine?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Marty wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:47 pm 56? He looks at least 66. The effects of methamphetamine?
Brexiteers apparently don't age well.

And he's definitely one....
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

On a sidenote, the flight he was on makes a (domestic) stop in Phnom Penh, no border control, so if I were him and I wasn't ready for my Brexit I'd get off the plan in good ol' Penh.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

There's two different photographs in both posts about this guy.

Which one is Harris?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:05 pm There's two different photographs in both posts about this guy.

Which one is Harris?
This is John Harris living in Siem Reap:

Facebook

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

So what happens when he gets to Thailand? Don't they ask to see if you have B10,000 and a ticket home?
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

cptrelentless wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:50 pm So what happens when he gets to Thailand? Don't they ask to see if you have B10,000 and a ticket home?
I have flown into Thailand at least 50 times and have never been asked by Thai immigration to show cash or a ticket home.
I'm curious if the Thais get any heads up that this guy is being deported or do the Cambodians just buy him a ticket and put him on the flight like he's a regular tourist.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:31 pm British Man JOHN DAVID HARRIS Deported to Thailand
Cambodia News, Siem Reap: At 7:25 pm on February 9, 2020, a British national was deported to Thailand from Cambodia by the Siem Reap International Police Station in collaboration with the Siem Reap Provincial Operations Team of the Immigration Department.
JOHN DAVID HARRIS , a 56-year-old British man, was expelled from the kingdom on flight LQ-670 (REP-BKK) from Siem Reap to Bangkok and is banned from reentering Cambodia for three years.
The British man had been held in custody in Siem Reap since he was arrested in December 2019 for staying in Cambodia illegally without the required documents. He entered Cambodia in 2017 on a one-month tourist visa.
wow;

I wonder how that worked out? Thailand surely knew he was coming over and to be admitted with a visa exempt stamp you need show, (not always, but they can ask for these)

1. 20,000 baht
2. a ticket out within 30 days
3. a hotel reservation

and even if by some chance he makes it in, WTF is he going to do with no $$$ ?
I always thought when u were deported you were deported to ur home county..
who paid for the flight?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic