Where to buy a MASK in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
sanfrancali
Tourist
United States of America

Re: Where to buy a Mask

Post by sanfrancali »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:03 pm I have around 20 new 3M N95 masks.

Won't be using them against the virus, as pointless.

If you disagree with me, I'll happily sell them to you for $1.75 each.
Hi Jerry Atrick. Do you still have the 3M N95 masks? I would like to buy some from you
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Where to buy a Mask

Post by WildA »

Electric Earth wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:20 am
WildA wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:14 pm Good USA cotton...
Haha. Not a chance in hell unless you specifically paid the $15+ dollars for some gmo free blah, blah, blah made in the U.S.A. Otherwise it's from China, land of the coronavirus.
Somehow I dont think they are going to counterfeit a $2 bandanna marked made in the USA. Those of us with experience can tell the originals by feel and sight. Even Walmart sources theirs from the USA. I buy them buy the dozen as a surgical mask, water carrier, snot rag, doo rag, face mask, camera cleaner, butt wiper and sweat mopper. The American Krama.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Where to buy a MASK in Cambodia?

Post by Electric Earth »

Huh. Well OK. I'm genuinely SHOCKED that walmart would carry anything made in the USA these days, but you'd know better than I. I've never looked at their bandannas before.

And I'm surprised you can still buy something like that mass produced in the US. That's cool. Good for them. We've lost most everything else to cheap China garbage, but I guess at least we still have Something. Now we just need to start making other reasonably priced, quality goods again.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Electric Earth wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:12 am Huh. Well OK. I'm genuinely SHOCKED that walmart would carry anything made in the USA these days, but you'd know better than I. I've never looked at their bandannas before.

And I'm surprised you can still buy something like that mass produced in the US. That's cool. Good for them. We've lost most everything else to cheap China garbage, but I guess at least we still have Something. Now we just need to start making other reasonably priced, quality goods again.
Guess you need to look around. Paragon etc in BKK stock Keen Shoes made in the USA. Shoes. Think about that. Regularly priced sports shoes made in the USA and exported to Asia.

I noticed that here and there in Bangkok, they are advertising a product as "Made in the USA". Frying pans. Knives.

But as to the Chinee, there are grades of shit. The Chinese stuff they sell in Siem is shit extroidinaire. At least in the US, its better quality shit as thats what customers expect.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I was standing by a pharmacy shop near central market, and saw two girls working in there putting on masks, so I asked ( in Khmer } how much
for one ?

Answer,,, $5

Srey ch'-goo-ut
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
nigel's soup
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by nigel's soup »

Facebook seller just quoted me $17.50 for a box of 50 cheap masks. Thieves
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

nigel's soup wrote:Facebook seller just quoted me $17.50 for a box of 50 cheap masks. Thieves
Not bad...I've come across two Facebook sellers both trying to get $7.50 for a single cheapo surgical mask.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

nigel's soup
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by nigel's soup »

lostjeremy wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:20 pm
nigel's soup wrote:Facebook seller just quoted me $17.50 for a box of 50 cheap masks. Thieves
Not bad...I've come across two Facebook sellers both trying to get $7.50 for a single cheapo surgical mask.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk
He's sold out now apparently,. Looks like I might have been too quick to judge!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Duncan wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:34 pm I was standing by a pharmacy shop near central market, and saw two girls working in there putting on masks, so I asked ( in Khmer } how much
for one ?

Answer,,, $5

Srey ch'-goo-ut
was that for the worn ones :stir:
nave
Expatriate

Post by nave »

FYI, tons of masks piled in the pharmacies along street 284 near olympic stadium.
At a shop at the corner of 163 and 310 (southeast corner), the price was USD21 (made in Viet Nam) and USD26 (made in Japan?) each for 50pcs.
Don't know how much it drops after negotiation, but assume that the shops are quite greedy nowadays.

I also saw a street vendor at Sithowath Quay near 144 at night.
I didn't bother to ask the price though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic