The man behind the mask

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

The man behind the mask

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Peter Olszewski
Feb 7, 2020

“One of my biggest inspirations is Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and someday I plan to be as successful as him,”

Damon Divine, the muscular dude who prowls the Pub Street precinct by night spruiking for OWE Angkor Warriors, a new fight club where he also performs nightly as a professional wrestler and has just been promoted to venue boss.

But while his acting career is currently on hold, his previous work keeps popping up on screens around the world. Before leaving the US he worked on a video clip for Flula Borg, an LA-based YouTube personality, whose talents range from DJ-ing to comedy. In the video ‘Self Care Sunday’, Damon plays Robert, a personal trainer decked out in dubious pink gym gear who ends up dead, and a still from the video featuring Damon made it onto the album cover.

“This is the movie that gained me my Screen Actors Guild status,” he explains. “Working on ‘Birds of Prey’ was not only one of the best experiences of my career but a turning point, too.

In 2018 he played a soldier in the movie, ‘Bumblebee’, a sci-fi film based on a Transformer character, and in 2018 he also landed a small role in the movie ‘Alpha’. Talking about the experience on the big-budget movie, Damon says, “I played a Neanderthal. On set I worked with the same prosthetic and makeup team that worked on ‘The Walking Dead’. It took about two hours to complete my makeup and prosthetics. We filmed at one of the studios in Los Angeles and the scene followed a group of Neanderthals, holding long spears, chasing down some buffalo.

full.https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50688367/t ... d-the-mask
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: The man behind the mask

Post by Ravensnest »

you always find interesting reads..... thanks for sharing, again.
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic