Coronavirus: Who has contacts in hospitals, MOH or other entities?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Coronavirus: Who has contacts in hospitals, MOH or other entities?

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

hunter8 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:37 am Ok. We talk about Cambodia not other tropical countries. Next 3 months in Cambodia are hot and dry. Infection transmissions will be minimal compared to northern countries in the next 3 months. For the next 3 months Cambodia is the best place to be to avoid getting infected.
Thanks Doctor Professor Epidemiologist.
I'll pass that on to all the other experts.

"Just keep your eye on the thermometer
- tells you all you need to know"

They will be so relieved it is all so simplistic.
and that this ^^ is true.

chuckle
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

hands up if you belkieve there have only been 2 cases in Camboodia
hands up if you know why Africa hasnt got it yet
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

pczz wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:34 am
hands up if you know why Africa hasnt got it yet
Ummmmm,
same as for Cambodia?

because they are not prepared for it, so it hasn't arrived yet?
and because they don't/can't even test near enough?
Ahhh.. Is that why it nearly doesn't exist in both places?
chuckle
https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/08/afr ... ronavirus/
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

hunter8 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:37 am Ok. We talk about Cambodia not other tropical countries. Next 3 months in Cambodia are hot and dry. Infection transmissions will be minimal compared to northern countries in the next 3 months. For the next 3 months Cambodia is the best place to be to avoid getting infected.
You might be true, but you're just guessing. MERS (also a Coronavirus) originated in the Middle East, warm and dry like Cambodia at this time.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:28 am
You might be true, but you're just guessing. MERS (also a Coronavirus) originated in the Middle East, warm and dry like Cambodia at this time.
It’s not in what climate it originated. It’s where transmission rate will be higher that i am talking about. I am not an epidemiologist but i know how everyone around me gets sick at the same time in winter months in northern countries. Common sense tells me to attribute this to the climate and absence of sun for months which causes stress and weakens immune systems. YMMV. Stay strong and healthy.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

hunter8 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:53 am
Kammekor wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:28 am
It’s not in what climate it originated. It’s where transmission rate will be higher that i am talking about. I am not an epidemiologist but i know how everyone around me gets sick at the same time in winter months in northern countries. Common sense tells me to attribute this to the climate and absence of sun for months which causes stress and weakens immune systems. YMMV. Stay strong and healthy.
I hope you're right, and you might well be right. We'll know in a month or so how this virus behaves in warmer climates I guess.
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

Research on virus on surfaces. Only have SARS Virus data. On stainless steel surface SARS Virus at 4 degrees virus lasts up to 20 days. At 20 degrees up to 24 hours. High humidity and low humidity results same. Virus lived longer. Moderate humidity virus didnt survive as long. Sunlight killed virus quite quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jack.R. wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:47 pm Still nobody with good contacts?
Nah, they're all sick...
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

Someone dropped at PP airport for a long time as none of the medical staff at the airport wanted to get closer. Now I don't know much more.
Got video too.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I guess all this stuff is obsolete then .

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic