Looking for cool young teachers for a new international school

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Looking for cool young teachers for a new international school

Post by Kammekor »

fazur wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:38 am Maybe there's a reasonable explanation for wanting 'young and cool'. I just can't think of one.
Maybe the current team of teachers mainly consists of older, traditional teachers and they want diversity in the team? :stir:
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

The OP is 35, so I doubt it, but good point.
Yolandidt
Tourist

Post by Yolandidt »

Good day,

Trust you are well.

Me and my partner will be arriving in PP 6 March 2020.

We are both interested in finding jobs as English teachers. We have completed a TEFL course.

Could you kindly advise if we can maybe set up an interview or get together?

Please provide more info regarding the available vacancies?

Regards,
Yolandi
Faithy
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Faithy »

Mishmash wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:37 am
PPTaylor wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:40 pm Hello!

I have been tasked with opening a brand new international school in Phnom Penh (in the Sen Sok area).

I am looking for young, cool teachers that have some entrepreneurial ambition. This is a low risk, high reward position as I will be able to offer Vice Principal and Academic Coordinator titles plus we could offer bonuses for reaching certain milestones. This is very rare for Cambodia as the school will be entirely run by western minds. I am encouraging bringing passion and outside the box thinking to the school.

I have a strong safety background from the United States government so safety will be number one priority in new hires.

If this sounds like something of interest please send me a PM.

Teaching couples are welcome. We only have a few students now but a great facility with a nice outdoor swimming pool. We will hire more teachers as numbers pick up.

This is a really cool opportunity to be apart of something from the ground up.

Duties will include:
- teaching core subjects
- develop / implement western curriculum
- working with management team
- bring PASSION and new fun ideas

Teachers will report directly to myself.

Thank you and Happy New Year!
I see from your previous post that you are a decent chap.

It WOULD be handy if you posted exact details of the school and what is on offer - especially the salary.

You can also post on the various websites such as BongThom (Free) where you are likely to receive more offers.

Google 'Teaching vacancies jobs Cambodia' then go with the top-ranking sites.

On here people receive a lot of flak and derision can be intense, but underneath most are kind well meaning people with jobs and families.

In addition, the female membership here is low and females are a safer bet for your school.

I wish you and your venture the best of luck.
I AM A FEMALE looking for a teaching job. I have my TESOL cert and a full FBI background check. This is my first comment and I don't know if I'm doing this forum correctly but I would love to contact you about the new school you mention. I'm from SF and am looking for something contemporary and exciting. Working with any age is fine!
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Faithy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:27 pm
I AM A FEMALE looking for a teaching job. I have my TESOL cert and a full FBI background check. This is my first comment and I don't know if I'm doing this forum correctly but I would love to contact you about the new school you mention. I'm from SF and am looking for something contemporary and exciting. Working with any age is fine!
Good try on your first attempt. Just hit the Post Reply button instead of the quote function to address the topic, or the quote function in the post of the person you wish to quote and reply

The OP (who is an alaskan ex-sergeant) has not posted any details so your only option is to send him a Private Message by clicking on the chat bubble in his Icon on the LHS of the screen.

As a lady you can have your pick of schools, with provisos on your qualifications and your experience.

The better schools that pay well and usually on time are Beltei, Westline, ISPP, CIA, Sovannaphumi, ACE.

There are many others, all over the place like mushrooms.

Try: https://kh.jora.com/English-Teacher-jobs-in-Cambodia
KamiCat
Tourist
South Africa

Post by KamiCat »

:please: me! Choose me! Email me I’m like immediately available 🌸 [email protected]
My number is +855 96 749 2383
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Yolandidt wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:26 pm Good day,

Trust you are well.

Me and my partner will be arriving in PP 6 March 2020.

We are both interested in finding jobs as English teachers. We have completed a TEFL course.

Could you kindly advise if we can maybe set up an interview or get together?

Please provide more info regarding the available vacancies?

Regards,
Yolandi
Is that 1 Tefl between two of you or haveyou got one each :stir:
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

friend who went to china to teach was kicked out after a year for no degree and I know Thailand also does this.

will cambodia start it too?
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

So whats the pay? My brat may want to leave her International School in Shanghai. Shes like 28, a millenialish political twerp with a Masters Degree in Science Education, US Teaching certifications, USA and International experience. She doesnt have any tatoos, but sometimes doesnt wash her hair and I think shes kind of a slattern, not like her father is any better, she travels all over the place diving and wears like beads and does Intstagram flashing her ass in tropical pools and all that silly tribal shit with beer and sarongs, I think shes looking to get $50K a year. I told her this probably aint the place, she should just keep sucking off the Chinese and be prepared to flee overland if the baloon goes up.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic