How long does it take to get an ER visa?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

How long does it take to get an ER visa?

Post by ExPenhMan »

I had read and heard last summer it would take up to three weeks for normal processing. What's the story these days? Yes, I will pick up an Ordinary visa upon entry.

Plan to arrive in Phnom Penh early March and stay for several weeks. I assume that will be enough time. But I want to get an idea of the time it takes so I can make a proper hotel/airline bookings.

I have to go back to Bangkok after my stay but I'm considering moving back to PP after all these years.

Cheers
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: How long does it take to get an ER visa?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Visa EOS standard processing time is currently (approximately) 10 - 14 business days. If you need it quicker you can pay extra for fast tracking. Apply within your first few days of arrival to ensure you don't forget.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:21 pm I had read and heard last summer it would take up to three weeks for normal processing. What's the story these days? Yes, I will pick up an Ordinary visa upon entry.

Plan to arrive in Phnom Penh early March and stay for several weeks. I assume that will be enough time. But I want to get an idea of the time it takes so I can make a proper hotel/airline bookings.

I have to go back to Bangkok after my stay but I'm considering moving back to PP after all these years.

Cheers
I just picked up my ER EOS on Thursday morning. I dropped it off at 10am on Saturday. 3 or 4 business days. 1 year, multiple entry, $288. Cina Travel:
https://www.cinatravel.com/
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:21 pm I'm considering moving back to PP after all these years.

Cheers
Don't forget to update your username to Ex-ExPenhMan.

Cheers to u2 :beer3:
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

chkwoot wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:42 pm
I just picked up my ER EOS on Thursday morning. I dropped it off at 10am on Saturday. 3 or 4 business days. 1 year, multiple entry, $288. Cina Travel:
Wow, that's quick! Maybe they're processing faster now with not so many Chinese around?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:03 pm
Wow, that's quick! Maybe they're processing faster now with not so many Chinese around?
Yeah, that was in my mind when I posted the query. Was hoping that the visa load had eased some, or rather, a lot.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:21 pm I had read and heard last summer it would take up to three weeks for normal processing. What's the story these days? Yes, I will pick up an Ordinary visa upon entry.

Cheers
No quesus now because all the chinese have gone :-)
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

pczz wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:42 am No quesus now because all the chinese have gone :-)
I see hundreds of them near Russian market and on sothearos blvd
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:03 pm
I was pleasantly surprised. They told me it could take up to 3 weeks, but didn't. Did not see any Chinese there either time, and that made me happy. On Monday I decided to pop into Lucky Lucky for a quick look and enquiry. Never again. Cina rocks! Thanks PSD-Kiwi for posting about them for so many years! It took me long enough to realize that street 130 still has some value since Big Mike left us.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

fazur wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:21 am
pczz wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:42 am No quesus now because all the chinese have gone :-)
I see hundreds of them near Russian market and on sothearos blvd
Visa renewals are still done in PP. when 20,000 chinese leave snooky that makes a nice reduction i workload for PP immigration. not so worried abiut the number of chinese in PP but i am getting worried about the number of Indian/bangladeshi/pakistanis that seem to be arriving
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic