Kidney stones - good Hospital in Siem Reap???

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Dr Pommy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Kidney stones - good Hospital in Siem Reap???

Post by Dr Pommy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:46 am I had a kidney stone in 2007, woke up in terriable pain, went into Phuket international hospital, told them i needed a shot of Morphine as was in extreme pain, got the shot within 5 minutes,( was than all good LOL)
5 more minutes went an did the scan <( same as a pregnant lady gets) they couldn't see it, Than saw a dr an he said i was lucky and it probably passed on its on as the pain was gone.
Total cost ...1,800 baht in an out in less than 1 hour ( the longest was waiting to pay)

Now I watch the color of my piss and drink plenty of water..
Dear phuketrichard,

Right, it is always boring when we have to wait for the bill payment. I agree that you are lucky that your stone already passed.
The magic number of the stone size is 4 mm which can be spontaneously passed without any pain.

Recommendation
- Drink plenty of water > 2.5 Litres a day
Dr Pommy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Dr Pommy »

Duncan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:56 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:46 am I had a kidney stone in 2007, woke up in terriable pain, went into Phuket international hospital, told them i needed a shot of Morphine as was in extreme pain, got the shot within 5 minutes,( was than all good LOL)
5 more minutes went an did the scan <( same as a pregnant lady gets) they couldn't see it, Than saw a dr an he said i was lucky and it probably passed on its on as the pain was gone.
Total cost ...1,800 baht in an out in less than 1 hour ( the longest was waiting to pay)

Remember that not all water is not pure H2O,, Eg,, Mineral water, Soda water , Spring water. Only distilled water is pure H2O.
Dear Duncan,

Anything is OK, especially Whisky, I love it! haha
Dr Pommy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Dr Pommy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:58 am i drink the water from the 20lt bottles.
i thought distilled water was what you put in ur cars battery?
Dear phuketrichard,

Normal natural water is the best. No need for anything special.
PS You are right, Distilled is for the battery or the Labo things
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Dr Pommy wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Remember that not all water is not pure H2O,, Eg,, Mineral water, Soda water , Spring water. Only distilled water is pure H2O.
Dear Duncan,

Dear Pommy, You should see a doctor, I'm pretty sure they would have a pill that you could take to cure you of the problem.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Duncan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:07 pm
Dr Pommy wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:02 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:46 am told them i needed a shot of Morphine as was in extreme pain, got the shot within 5 minutes,( was than all good LOL)
Remember that not all water is not pure H2O
Dear Duncan,
Dear Pommy, You should see a doctor, I'm pretty sure they would have a pill that you could take to cure you of the problem.
Dear Pommy, Just go and see Richard's doctor ^^
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

now i am fucking Confused>>
so any Liquid is good, (plain water, coconut water, whiskey, milk)?
is distilled water, as i thought for Car batteries?

Stern, its not the drs. that give ya the shots, its the pretty nurses an they are always there to please...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Dr Pommy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Dr Pommy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:52 pm now i am fucking Confused>>
so any Liquid is good, (plain water, coconut water, whiskey, milk)?
is distilled water, as i thought for Car batteries?

Stern, its not the drs. that give ya the shots, its the pretty nurses an they are always there to please...
Dear phuketrichard,

I am just joking about Whisky because Whisky is my favourite Liquor. lol
In term of the recommendation of water intake.
Anything that not harm your body and 2.5 Litres in total a day is good in kidney stone prevention.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

fazur wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:59 am wow, cool, a urologist member!
Yep, good to have a urologist from Royal Phnom Penh Hospital on here.. @Dr Pommy

Welcome and good of you to share your thoughts with members. :thumb:
Dr Pommy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Dr Pommy »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:14 pm
Yep, good to have a urologist from Royal Phnom Penh Hospital on here.. @Dr Pommy

Your welcome!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:14 pm

I had lithotripsy treatment from Dr Pommy and his team at the Royal PP Hospital. I was very pleased with everything and warmly recommend them.
As for prevention,in my case I suspect the problem was long term high dose supplements, cranberry and vitamin C in particular.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic