Kidney stones - good Hospital in Siem Reap???

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Kidney stones - good Hospital in Siem Reap???

Post by CambodiaGerman1 »

I was in the Royal Angkor International Clinic last week due to severe pain in the right lower abdomen. The treatment in this clinic was in order and corresponded to almost upscale, western standard. It was even a decent CT made and the diagnosis and the image with contrast media were really fine. What was not good was the bureaucratic treatment, because I did not have enough money for the outpatient treatment (after a few hours I was really much better)

I was not allowed to leave the clinic alone. And that's something that does not work for me at all. I was a police officer for many years and here in this dirt clinic you become the victim of a hostage situation. I was taken to the next WING agency and then withdrew the difference and then paid the bill in the amount of just under 600.00 USD. Not everyone has so much money always plug in or think in the morning with extremely severe pain when you go to a hospital - enough money to plug.

In a nutshell: I will not enter this hospital again !! I ask you this: who can call me in Siem Reap a clinic or an English-speaking private doctor, who has experience with kidney stones and offers ultrasound treatment. Alternatively also Bangkok in Thailand. I get most of the costs reimbursed by the aid, only I want a proper, competent treatment.

Thanks all Expats to help me...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Kidney stones - good Hospital in Siem Reap???

Post by Duncan »

Here's my experience with kidney stones . 30 plus years ago had kidney stones and usual pain on both sides, but did not want treatment until I was ready to die. I then started drinking distilled water. Apparently distilled water which is pure H2O has the ability to scavenge stuff out of your system and is passed out in your urine. After eat proper foods and small doses of vitamins and my stones have disappeared.

Distilled water: cleanse your body to reduce kidney stones
Doctors agree that the best way to prevent the formation of kidney stones is to drink distilled water. Distilled water is completely free of minerals and pollutants, so can be absorbed far more quickly into your bloodstream than tap water, spring water or filtered water. The faster you absorb your water, the quicker you are able to dilute any concentrations or build-ups of chemicals. Distilled water is a universal solvent that essentially flushes out and disposes of nasty toxins in the body and so aid the cleansing function of the kidneys. Cleansing your body with regular distilled water is the best defense against the formation of crystals and stones.

If you’re unlucky to be suffering from kidney stones now, distilled water can also help with your recovery. Many kidney stones can be passed on their own. In order to pass a kidney stone, it is essential to be fully hydrated with good and pure water. Drinking tap water to help pass kidney

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9Fq6 ... cqrs7_mac-
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Apple cider vinegar is also a good home remedy for dissolving stones.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Post by CambodiaGerman1 »

Duncan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:20 pm Here's my experience with kidney stones . 30 plus years ago had kidney stones and usual pain on both sides, but did not want treatment until I was ready to die. I then started drinking distilled water. Apparently distilled water which is pure H2O has the ability to scavenge stuff out of your system and is passed out in your urine. After eat proper foods and small doses of vitamins and my stones have disappeared.

Distilled water: cleanse your body to reduce kidney stones
Doctors agree that the best way to prevent the formation of kidney stones is to drink distilled water. Distilled water is completely free of minerals and pollutants, so can be absorbed far more quickly into your bloodstream than tap water, spring water or filtered water. The faster you absorb your water, the quicker you are able to dilute any concentrations or build-ups of chemicals. Distilled water is a universal solvent that essentially flushes out and disposes of nasty toxins in the body and so aid the cleansing function of the kidneys. Cleansing your body with regular distilled water is the best defense against the formation of crystals and stones.

If you’re unlucky to be suffering from kidney stones now, distilled water can also help with your recovery. Many kidney stones can be passed on their own. In order to pass a kidney stone, it is essential to be fully hydrated with good and pure water. Drinking tap water to help pass kidney

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9Fq6 ... cqrs7_mac-
Thank you Duncan, our support where warm welcome, but some stones needs "more" after 4 weeks or when they bigger. So you can't say this for all kidney stones, because somes different material and water allone didn't works. I drink at the moment camille-tea and a lot of fresh Coconut-Water, and of course, also pur water, but I like to knowing all good options who finds, when I need more help...
Dr Pommy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Dr Pommy »

CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:28 pm I was in the Royal Angkor International Clinic last week due to severe pain in the right lower abdomen. The treatment in this clinic was in order and corresponded to almost upscale, western standard. It was even a decent CT made and the diagnosis and the image with contrast media were really fine. What was not good was the bureaucratic treatment, because I did not have enough money for the outpatient treatment (after a few hours I was really much better)

I was not allowed to leave the clinic alone. And that's something that does not work for me at all. I was a police officer for many years and here in this dirt clinic you become the victim of a hostage situation. I was taken to the next WING agency and then withdrew the difference and then paid the bill in the amount of just under 600.00 USD. Not everyone has so much money always plug in or think in the morning with extremely severe pain when you go to a hospital - enough money to plug.

In a nutshell: I will not enter this hospital again !! I ask you this: who can call me in Siem Reap a clinic or an English-speaking private doctor, who has experience with kidney stones and offers ultrasound treatment. Alternatively also Bangkok in Thailand. I get most of the costs reimbursed by the aid, only I want a proper, competent treatment.

Thanks all Expats to help me...
Dear CambodiaGerman1

First of all, I totally agree that the medical expense at Royal Angkor hospital's very expensive and no excuse for that. How are you so far about your kidney stone condition?
Any help or any assistance, you can Email me directly at [email protected] , we can discuss about your symptom.

Soarawee Weerasopone, MD
Thai Urologist
Minimally invasive surgery in Urology and Subspecialty in Andrology
Royal Bangkok hospital group
https://royalphnompenhhospital.com/doct ... erasopone/

fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

wow, cool, a urologist member!

I hear adding fresh lemon juice to water helps dissolve stones

cut out sodas immediately
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I had a kidney stone in 2007, woke up in terriable pain, went into Phuket international hospital, told them i needed a shot of Morphine as was in extreme pain, got the shot within 5 minutes,( was than all good LOL)
5 more minutes went an did the scan <( same as a pregnant lady gets) they couldn't see it, Than saw a dr an he said i was lucky and it probably passed on its on as the pain was gone.
Total cost ...1,800 baht in an out in less than 1 hour ( the longest was waiting to pay)

Now I watch the color of my piss and drink plenty of water..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:46 am I had a kidney stone in 2007, woke up in terriable pain, went into Phuket international hospital, told them i needed a shot of Morphine as was in extreme pain, got the shot within 5 minutes,( was than all good LOL)
5 more minutes went an did the scan <( same as a pregnant lady gets) they couldn't see it, Than saw a dr an he said i was lucky and it probably passed on its on as the pain was gone.
Total cost ...1,800 baht in an out in less than 1 hour ( the longest was waiting to pay)

Now I watch the color of my piss and drink plenty of water..
Remember that not all water is not pure H2O,, Eg,, Mineral water, Soda water , Spring water. Only distilled water is pure H2O.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i drink the water from the 20lt bottles.
i thought distilled water was what you put in ur cars battery?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Dr Pommy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Dr Pommy »

fazur wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:59 am wow, cool, a urologist member!

I hear adding fresh lemon juice to water helps dissolve stones

cut out sodas immediately
Dear fazur,

Exactly! my friend, there is a paper that 4 oz of pure lemon a day be a protective factor on the kidney stone prevention
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic