Coffee cups in hotels

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Coffee cups in hotels

Post by WildA »

j57 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:36 pm this American buys coffee beans from all over the Western Hemisphere in 5lb. bags...packs his grinder and french press and makes superb coffee no matter where the fuck he is...just brought 10lbs. Colombian Supremo dark roast to Siem Reap 2 weeks ago.
24 hour gas stations in the middle of the USA now have better coffee than anywhere in Asia.
instant coffee is for the helpless..
The small cup and saucer tango sucks..
That is why I brought my Donald Trump mug to enjoy my fresh brew from.
Winning...
Weasal Coffee is even cheaper in the states than here, if you like the earthy aroma of fresh rodent shit in the morning.

You know whats good coffee (robust yet well rounded with a nice jolt if brewed correctly)?...the old style "8 oclock coffee" which has been around since 1859 and makes a great cup. Ive bouught it for as little as $5 a kilo. My mom loves it, its her 1/2 cup in the morning since the 1930s.

The last supermaket I was in in the USA albiet a big one, has maybe 30 different roast coffess from all over the world.

You ever get the Coscto stuff in the giant bags? Thats good too.

Im lovingthe brand here marked Mondaulkiri that has a hint of chocolate flavour. Thats a two-three mugger in the morning, depending on how big the spliff is.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

It's not just the idiotic little coffee cups, but the fuckin' juice glasses that are the size of a shot glass. Staff and customers watch in amazement :shock: as I fill up 6-8, making multiple trips to the urns to get my table 'set up'.

As for coffee, I have my brushed aluminum, 16 oz. double-hulled travel mug (and don't leave home without it). :D
You could be next.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: On the subject of hotels...

Post by hanno »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:02 am
The bar of soap gets replaced, even if you’re the same room occupant for two months. Anathema to me, and ironic when you have labels talking about preserving resources by reusing towels, etc.

Towels, despite being hung as per the preserving resources instructions, get replaced anyway.

Door keycards expire 1 hour before you normally check out.

The kettle is too big to fill from the bathroom tap.

The only spare sockets in the room are behind the TV desk which weighs about a ton.

Very heavy blackout curtains that could stop the light from the sun, if only they met in the middle.
You checked all my pet hates there.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

j57 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:36 pm
instant coffee is for the helpless..
Tend to disagree there. My preferred beverage is tea (loose leaf) but even 5-star hotels with 47 different kinds of coffee in the room seem to think that the height of tea sophistication is a bag of Lipton tea, which I refuse to touch. That is when the 3-in-1 comes in handy.

That, and on birding trips where neither real coffee nor tea are to be had.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

If you knew what i put inside and how they are badly cleaned, you would never use them anyway...
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

I usually drink my coffee out of a glass. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic