WING MAN REQUIRED

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
VaperDude
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: WING MAN REQUIRED

Post by VaperDude »

BK is only next door anyhow to get the mong game on

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

WildA wrote:OK, let me try. So this would be a suggested conversation between me and some Sassenach. "Mate, why are you being such a wanker and driplipping my doobie? You Poms are simple right cunts sometimes. Give me a hit of it you yob, I rolled it. What a tosser! Bloody ponce like you must be a Hammer then. Good stuff huh? Bet you silly twats havent got this stuff back in Blighty!"
Was that British, Scottish, Irish, or Aussie?

Sassenach I’ve heard of from ‘Outlander’, the rest is beyond me.

Translations, please?
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: sounds like your from Queensland or South Aust.
Deffinately not from Collingwood Vic .
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

WildA wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:34 am
You mean where the broken down drunks and druggies who cant get into Thailand go? Or the locals who got $1 to spend? Iv'e had my tour of one of those areas here in SR, I could barely contain my need to spend my last $5 on the only girl with teeth, simply because the pink curtains on the shack didnt have a lot of holes in them..but Im old and I resisted.

Dude let me explain to you, Ive been "mongering" in SE Asia (primarly Thailand) for 25 odd years, and when I see guys looking to monger in a "lay of the land experience" that has a certain connotation to my ears. Go to a reputable well reviewed Tourist bar in PP or head over to the Thermae in Bangkok, at least in those places you know you probably arent getting what you shouldnt have, and I hope you arent looking for.
Wow, that's your take on areas outside your obviously extremely limited experience here? The "broken down drunks and druggies who cant get into Thailand" generally stay around the center of town.
Very few people I know here have ever lived in Thailand, nor do they have any desire to. A whole lot goes on in those areas you are completely unaware of - there are villas, condos, malls, markets, people working, businesses, families, schools and all sorts of things you will never see. A whole lot of people happily live their entire lives here while rarely going near the center.
These "proud mongers" tend to be extremely boring, crude and limited in outlook so are best avoided. It's all good, you aren't missed.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

WildA wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:48 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:11 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:47 pm
Brody wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:40 pm

The "real" Cambodia, hanging out with foreigner whoremongers in hostess bars in Daun Penh. :ROFL:
You two sound like a couple self righteous, sanctimonious tossers.

The guy's first line says he "wouldn't mind a bit of mongering." OK, whatever floats his boat.....I don't have a knee-jerk need to judge him. He did post in the 'After Dark' subforum, after all.

Then later he writes that he "wants the real experience".

To my mind, he's trying to let his potential "wing man" know that he's not some delicate ponce that needs his hand held and can't venture 10 meters from riverside and wouldn't be averse to eating local food from some street-side vendor, taking a trip around less tourist trod areas or whatever.

It says a lot about you two, that your need to cast aspersions is so overwhelming.
For those of us not familiar with the phrase tosser here is the definition according to the Urbandictionary

while the word wanker is a more general and term for expressing disdain for somebody, the word tosser describes a person with a tendency to show off or brag in an excessive and embarrassing way.

an example of a tosser making a knee jerk judgment while casting aspersions would be " Mostly due to the fact that I'm pretty busy with work and not in my mom's basement, comprende?"
no offense intended of course
while the word wanker is a more general and term for expressing disdain for somebody, the word tosser describes a person with a tendency to show off or brag in an excessive and embarrassing way.

No it doesn't.

Tosser is just a slightly more polite way of saying wanker. The behaviour that will get you being called a wanker is the same as what will get you being called a tosser, namely anything the caller decides they don't like.

Wanker is quite aggressive and will likely start a fight, tosser is a bit more light hearted, but use it with great caution. It has nothing to do with showing off in an embarrassing way, it is a general term, not specific.

It is an British term of abuse so if you want to know what our terms of endearment mean, ask a Brit! We will be happy to explain.
OK, let me try. So this would be a suggested conversation between me and some Sassenach. "Mate, why are you being such a wanker and driplipping my doobie? You Poms are simple right cunts sometimes. Give me a hit of it you yob, I rolled it. What a tosser! Bloody ponce like you must be a Hammer then. Good stuff huh? Bet you silly twats havent got this stuff back in Blighty!"
I'm just on my way out, but I'll have a quick go.

First, I assume you are an American by your flag, but the Millwall logo is a worry - are you a Londoner living in the States? I assume not.

1. Sassenach is used by Scots to describe the English, nobody else can use the term really.
2. Driplipping - fuck knows - maybe making the end of your joint wet? Maybe some puffhead term.
3. Doobie is not a word for joint used in England. Joint or spliff. I think that's one of your words.
4. You can't use "Poms" either, that's for the Aussies (Prisoner of Mother England). The rest of your sentence is self explanatory.
5. Yob, short for yobbo. Young man who is badly behaved, loud, vulgar and normally violent. Fallen into disuse as being quite old fashioned - been replaced by CHAV. Similar to hooligan but that is normally for football fans. Millwall are world class for the production of football hooligans, with the rest of their supporters simply being yobbos, chavs and assorted ASBO cases. You make Chelsea supporters look sophisticated. Kudos to you guys.
6. Tosser, you know what that means.
7. Ponce. Used to be used to describe a man living of immoral earnings, i.e. prostitution. Old fashioned and into disuse for that meaning. Now it means a person that is always borrowing money or avoiding paying their way; "he's always poncing money". NOT to be confused with Nonce. Big difference.
8. Hammer. West Ham fan in football parlance (but you KNOW that already). No other offensive meaning - if you want the name of a tool to describe someone as a, well.. a tool, I suggested you use 'Spanner'. Is that clear?
9. Twats - Nice way of saying C**ts.

I really have to go now....
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Do we really want a discussion of english slang on this topic? See, @Anthony's Weiner how your deliberation of another member's use of the word 'tosser' (incl your implication that he is a hypocrite) and those that since piled in on that, has effectively derailed this topic.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:12 am Do we really want a discussion of english slang on this topic? See, @Anthony's Weiner how your deliberation of another member's use of the word 'tosser' (incl your implication that he is a hypocrite) and those that since piled in on that, has effectively derailed this topic.
I apologize, I was unaware of the term and assumed many others would be too. If we all posted in legible English of course posts would be easier reading. I am surprised of course that referring to another as a hypocrite is post-worthy whilst using British slang something far more offensive is not. I also note there appears to be some controversy as to what a "tosser" actually means.
SLANG DICTIONARY
tosser
WHAT DOES TOSSER MEAN?
Tosser is a British slang expression for an obnoxio@Anthony
RELATED WORDS
twat, chav, hobknocker, douchebag, lamo, bumbaclot, scrub,
Cambridge Dictionary NOUN
British vulgar, derogatory, slang
a foolish or despicable person
Word origin
C20: probably from toss off (to masturbate) Again I apologize for making a new thread concerning approved insults and in the future will seek guidance from the mods as to which offensive terms for other posters are acceptable
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

I thought monger meant spastic, window licker, etc?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Khmu Nation wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:47 am I thought monger meant spastic, window licker, etc?
A monger is a dealer or trader in a specified commodity.
"fishmonger"
or it denotes a person who promotes a specified activity, situation, or feeling, especially one that is undesirable or discreditable.
"warmonger"
Mongo is short for Mongoloid as in Down's syndrome.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic