WING MAN REQUIRED

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: WING MAN REQUIRED

Post by angkorjohn2 »

VaperDude wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:46 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:32 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:58 pm
VaperDude wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:43 pm I'm starting to think there are no hostess bars in Cambodia... and especially not SR. Which is a shame cos every now and then could be fun :shock:
I despise the places but there certainly are plenty around, I was at the outside bar of one just 2 weeks ago waiting for a friend of mine. He was probably taking the piss asking me to wait for him there.

Anyway, looked like most of the street was packed with them. It was on 136 I think, I didn't even know about that being a hostess bar street. Guess I never went in that area in the 5 years I lived in PP.
theres like 150 something bars scattered around 136/130/5/118/104/51/172
moving to SR first but may do a second move to PP given your reply HAHA - although I imagine titty bars get quite boring quite quickly lol
as far as I know there aren't any "titty bars" in siem reap, there are perhaps 3-4 run down, sad looking girl bars on sok san road filled with ladies who look like they retired from the walkabout. If you know the language you'd maybe enjoy Khmer Pub street, but if not then it wouldn't work. If desperate you can see the freelancers do their evening wanderings like clockwork from Beatnik to cheers bar to x-bar.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

AlexJonesCrab wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:11 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:32 pm
....want the real experience.
I keep reading this from lots of "tourists"
what does it mean?
Living day to day as a local on day old rice and veggies, drinking rice wine and if ur lucky, screwing a $5 disease ridden older streetwalker?
As in - not the manufactured tourist experience, I want the localised, expat, lay of the land experience......comprende?
Everything is a manufactured tourism experience in the big cities, from the hookers to the street kids to the fake beggars. if you want to experience the real Cambodia through cambodian eyes you ned to get out of the main centres. If youwantto experience the real beer for breakfast , massage in the afternoon and ladybar at night expat experience then stay in the towns
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

pczz wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:36 am
what does it mean?
Living day to day as a local on day old rice and veggies, drinking rice wine and if ur lucky, screwing a $5 disease ridden older streetwalker?
As in - not the manufactured tourist experience, I want the localised, expat, lay of the land experience......comprende?
Everything is a manufactured tourism experience in the big cities, from the hookers to the street kids to the fake beggars. if you want to experience the real Cambodia through cambodian eyes you ned to get out of the main centres. If youwantto experience the real beer for breakfast , massage in the afternoon and ladybar at night expat experience then stay in the towns
:thumb:
exactly, wherever you go that you have not been is a real experience, something new an unless ur heading out to the boonies, your going to get a "tourist" experience . Why would you need someone to watch your back?

Ok, beside roz in sr which of u guys are going to step up and take him out

My $.05 worth
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Hook up with a girl from a bar get her to take you to other towns in Cambodia for a week or two you'll get a more local experience, beware it'll cost you a small fortune to feed her hahaha
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

$100 an hour + all expenses.

PM me if interested.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:47 pm
Brody wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:40 pm
what does it mean?
The "real" Cambodia, hanging out with foreigner whoremongers in hostess bars in Daun Penh. :ROFL:
You two sound like a couple self righteous, sanctimonious tossers.

The guy's first line says he "wouldn't mind a bit of mongering." OK, whatever floats his boat.....I don't have a knee-jerk need to judge him. He did post in the 'After Dark' subforum, after all.

Then later he writes that he "wants the real experience".

To my mind, he's trying to let his potential "wing man" know that he's not some delicate ponce that needs his hand held and can't venture 10 meters from riverside and wouldn't be averse to eating local food from some street-side vendor, taking a trip around less tourist trod areas or whatever.

It says a lot about you two, that your need to cast aspersions is so overwhelming.
For those of us not familiar with the phrase tosser here is the definition according to the Urbandictionary

while the word wanker is a more general and term for expressing disdain for somebody, the word tosser describes a person with a tendency to show off or brag in an excessive and embarrassing way.

an example of a tosser making a knee jerk judgment while casting aspersions would be " Mostly due to the fact that I'm pretty busy with work and not in my mom's basement, comprende?"
no offense intended of course
while the word wanker is a more general and term for expressing disdain for somebody, the word tosser describes a person with a tendency to show off or brag in an excessive and embarrassing way.

No it doesn't.

Tosser is just a slightly more polite way of saying wanker. The behaviour that will get you being called a wanker is the same as what will get you being called a tosser, namely anything the caller decides they don't like.

Wanker is quite aggressive and will likely start a fight, tosser is a bit more light hearted, but use it with great caution. It has nothing to do with showing off in an embarrassing way, it is a general term, not specific.

It is an British term of abuse so if you want to know what our terms of endearment mean, ask a Brit! We will be happy to explain.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

what does it mean?
You mean where the broken down drunks and druggies who cant get into Thailand go? Or the locals who got $1 to spend? Iv'e had my tour of one of those areas here in SR, I could barely contain my need to spend my last $5 on the only girl with teeth, simply because the pink curtains on the shack didnt have a lot of holes in them..but Im old and I resisted.

Dude let me explain to you, Ive been "mongering" in SE Asia (primarly Thailand) for 25 odd years, and when I see guys looking to monger in a "lay of the land experience" that has a certain connotation to my ears. Go to a reputable well reviewed Tourist bar in PP or head over to the Thermae in Bangkok, at least in those places you know you probably arent getting what you shouldnt have, and I hope you arent looking for.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:07 am
VaperDude wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:46 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:32 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:58 pm
VaperDude wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:43 pm I'm starting to think there are no hostess bars in Cambodia... and especially not SR. Which is a shame cos every now and then could be fun :shock:
I despise the places but there certainly are plenty around, I was at the outside bar of one just 2 weeks ago waiting for a friend of mine. He was probably taking the piss asking me to wait for him there.

Anyway, looked like most of the street was packed with them. It was on 136 I think, I didn't even know about that being a hostess bar street. Guess I never went in that area in the 5 years I lived in PP.
theres like 150 something bars scattered around 136/130/5/118/104/51/172
moving to SR first but may do a second move to PP given your reply HAHA - although I imagine titty bars get quite boring quite quickly lol
as far as I know there aren't any "titty bars" in siem reap, there are perhaps 3-4 run down, sad looking girl bars on sok san road filled with ladies who look like they retired from the walkabout. If you know the language you'd maybe enjoy Khmer Pub street, but if not then it wouldn't work. If desperate you can see the freelancers do their evening wanderings like clockwork from Beatnik to cheers bar to x-bar.
John Im new here in SR, may I ask, is it approprriate to ask one of these Freelancer ladies something like, Hello my dear, you look lovely, may I enquire whether or not you got a dick hiding down there?

Having run the ladyboy gamut up and down Sukhumvit for many years, I alwys like to check before I get an unexpected surprise.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

WildA wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:34 am
what does it mean?
You mean where the broken down drunks and druggies who cant get into Thailand go? Or the locals who got $1 to spend? Iv'e had my tour of one of those areas here in SR, I could barely contain my need to spend my last $5 on the only girl with teeth, simply because the pink curtains on the shack didnt have a lot of holes in them..but Im old and I resisted.

Dude let me explain to you, Ive been "mongering" in SE Asia (primarly Thailand) for 25 odd years, and when I see guys looking to monger in a "lay of the land experience" that has a certain connotation to my ears. Go to a reputable well reviewed Tourist bar in PP or head over to the Thermae in Bangkok, at least in those places you know you probably arent getting what you shouldnt have, and I hope you arent looking for.
wow, did u really just out yourself as a Sex Tourist? :hattip: LOL :plus1: :stir:

All in good fun >
ever try any short time hotels in India? there a gas
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:11 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:47 pm
Brody wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:40 pm

what does it mean?
The "real" Cambodia, hanging out with foreigner whoremongers in hostess bars in Daun Penh. :ROFL:
You two sound like a couple self righteous, sanctimonious tossers.

The guy's first line says he "wouldn't mind a bit of mongering." OK, whatever floats his boat.....I don't have a knee-jerk need to judge him. He did post in the 'After Dark' subforum, after all.

Then later he writes that he "wants the real experience".

To my mind, he's trying to let his potential "wing man" know that he's not some delicate ponce that needs his hand held and can't venture 10 meters from riverside and wouldn't be averse to eating local food from some street-side vendor, taking a trip around less tourist trod areas or whatever.

It says a lot about you two, that your need to cast aspersions is so overwhelming.
For those of us not familiar with the phrase tosser here is the definition according to the Urbandictionary

an example of a tosser making a knee jerk judgment while casting aspersions would be " Mostly due to the fact that I'm pretty busy with work and not in my mom's basement, comprende?"
no offense intended of course

No it doesn't.

Tosser is just a slightly more polite way of saying wanker. The behaviour that will get you being called a wanker is the same as what will get you being called a tosser, namely anything the caller decides they don't like.

Wanker is quite aggressive and will likely start a fight, tosser is a bit more light hearted, but use it with great caution. It has nothing to do with showing off in an embarrassing way, it is a general term, not specific.

It is an British term of abuse so if you want to know what our terms of endearment mean, ask a Brit! We will be happy to explain.
OK, let me try. So this would be a suggested conversation between me and some Sassenach. "Mate, why are you being such a wanker and driplipping my doobie? You Poms are simple right cunts sometimes. Give me a hit of it you yob, I rolled it. What a tosser! Bloody ponce like you must be a Hammer then. Good stuff huh? Bet you silly twats havent got this stuff back in Blighty!"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic