Response to Corona Virus

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Response to Corona Virus

Post by Ravensnest »

frizzie77 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:20 pm
Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:28 pm They must have him in the hospital, responses stopped.
Nah, don't think so. If that were the case it would be all over the news.

He's probably too embarrassed to make any further posts.
I hope you don't believe there has only been one case of The virus in the KoW.
Still here, in country...
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

I think we should not take this Yankee "Brazil Boy" too seriously. Just check his post history.
BrazilBoy wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:09 am Yeah - all the best things in my life have COME from China.
All six of my kids are 1/2 Chinese
My beautiful wifes - all of them - just yummy.
BrazilBoy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:07 am I'm 60 with a 2 year old son.
and of course this one, once more:
BrazilBoy wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:33 pm My wife and kids are arriving from China on Tuesday, from Sichuan just 200 km from Hubei Province where Wuhan, and I'm taking them to the most crowed restaurant on Riverside I can find.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

frizzie77 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:29 pm I think we should not take this Yankee "Brazil Boy" too seriously. Just check his post history.
You beat me to it, but I'm glad it's not just me...

4-2-20. Response to corona virus
BrazilBoy wrote: My wife and kids returned from China on January 27th
yet...

29-1-20. Chinese attitude towards Cambodians
Brazilboy wrote:So I've been in Cambodia now 6 weeks with my Chinese wife and kids and I have to say I'm concerned about how my wife treats Cambodians.
Last edited by Freightdog on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

The post seems to long and detailed to be just a joke.
The fact that he had multiple Chinese wifes and mixed kids is also quite irrelevant.

He could have been in Cambodia for 6 weeks but him or him + the wife and kid could have gone back a few days during the lunar New year.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Jack.R. wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:13 pm The post seems to long and detailed to be just a joke.
The fact that he had multiple Chinese wifes and mixed kids is also quite irrelevant.

He could have been in Cambodia for 6 weeks but him or him + the wife and kid could have gone back a few days during the lunar New year.
It's the discrepancy in his posts:
6 kids - then a 2 year old son - then wife and kids

And of course his boasting about coming back from China and then choosing the busiest restaurant on Riverside he can find
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Most likely another sock....It has been know here...
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

DaveG wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:22 pm Most likely another sock....It has been know here...
Sock or not the post states a good question. And it seems if most had simptoms of a cold they would take an hospital bed that someone else may need for the real illness. I could understand if the reply was having difficulty with breathing. Then go to hospital.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

"they would take an hospital bed that someone else may need for the real illness"

The hospitals don't care if it's a real illness or not as long as someone is paying for that bed, I could ask to stay in hospital because my big toe is in pain...as long as I give them 500 dollars a night they would let me stay...

The guy with the virus stays outside if he ain't got any money...Simple as that...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:44 pm
DaveG wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:22 pm Most likely another sock....It has been know here...
Sock or not the post states a good question. And it seems if most had simptoms of a cold they would take an hospital bed that someone else may need for the real illness. I could understand if the reply was having difficulty with breathing. Then go to hospital.

I believe a lot of people that go there die, in fact there are so many sick people there it's the last place I would want to go.

Think about it,,,how many people go to a bar or restaurant and die, If you are sick / unwell, that's the place to go.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Duncan wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:57 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:44 pm

I believe a lot of people that go there die, in fact there are so many sick people there it's the last place I would want to go.

Think about it,,,how many people go to a bar or restaurant and die, If you are sick / unwell, that's the place to go.
I agree with you totally there Duncan, that is always the possiblity that you would end up taking out more than what you went in with, and to top it off you would have paid for the pleasure of it. It's the fact of Western hospital that you could end up with an infection by going into hospital. Yes they are full of sick people.
My only point is why go into hospital if you are not sure if you had the virus, self isolation is the safest all round. The hospital staff can't treat you at that stage anyway. Later you may need assistance to air your breathing, that's all what can be done has I understand.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic