WING MAN REQUIRED

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
AlexJonesCrab
Expatriate
Australia

WING MAN REQUIRED

Post by AlexJonesCrab »

Hi there, am doing a solo trip to SEA in June/July. Planning on being in Campuchea, sorry....Cambodia for 10nights around start of June.
I'm 52, aussie, single post divorce......have been to Asia a few times before, got yellow fever, hooked ever since, dont mind a bit of mongering like the next bloke.
Wondering if i coukd hook up with someone similar, even if now married to local, but someone who knows lay of the land, maybe even speaks a little khmer. Someone to kick around with, smooth my path so to speak. Happy to shout some food and drinks etc in return. As you can guess i dont like hanging with tourists, want the real experience.
Still a few months out but thought i better plan and organise.
Look forward to hearing back.
I want to do the capital, siem reap mainly, and possibly battambang and somewhere down south/ beach, but not the dusty consyruction site im reading about (sihanoukville)😢
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: WING MAN REQUIRED

Post by WildA »

If you want to monger, go to Thailand. It will be a buyers market. Cambodia isnt the place for it.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Just go talk to a few expats in the bars from 110 Street to 136 and you'll have your wing man in no time.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

....want the real experience.
I keep reading this from lots of "tourists"
what does it mean?
Living day to day as a local on day old rice and veggies, drinking rice wine and if ur lucky, screwing a $5 disease ridden older streetwalker?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I’ll introduce you to some people in Siem Reap, let me know when you’re in town.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:32 pm
what does it mean?
Living day to day as a local on day old rice and veggies, drinking rice wine and if ur lucky, screwing a $5 disease ridden older streetwalker?
The "real" Cambodia, hanging out with foreigner whoremongers in hostess bars in Daun Penh. :ROFL:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

You can get get poisoned by rice wine laced vodka and head kicked in by the odd Serbian down Sok San if you want .....Happy day Ayyy. :dragonchase:
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:40 pm
what does it mean?
The "real" Cambodia, hanging out with foreigner whoremongers in hostess bars in Daun Penh. :ROFL:
You two sound like a couple self righteous, sanctimonious tossers.

The guy's first line says he "wouldn't mind a bit of mongering." OK, whatever floats his boat.....I don't have a knee-jerk need to judge him. He did post in the 'After Dark' subforum, after all.

Then later he writes that he "wants the real experience".

To my mind, he's trying to let his potential "wing man" know that he's not some delicate ponce that needs his hand held and can't venture 10 meters from riverside and wouldn't be averse to eating local food from some street-side vendor, taking a trip around less tourist trod areas or whatever.

It says a lot about you two, that your need to cast aspersions is so overwhelming.
AlexJonesCrab
Expatriate
Australia

Post by AlexJonesCrab »

what does it mean?
As in - not the manufactured tourist experience, I want the localised, expat, lay of the land experience......comprende?
AlexJonesCrab
Expatriate
Australia

Post by AlexJonesCrab »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:41 pm I’ll introduce you to some people in Siem Reap, let me know when you’re in town.
Thanks Ozzie, will circle back closer to the time. Thats awesome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic