Cambodians Say US Man Refused Entry Was a Danger to US Embassy

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Cambodians Say US Man Refused Entry Was a Danger to US Embassy

Post by Marty »

Good ad hominems back at me! Ya got me. Dude!
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Oh and dude! You called me an ignorant yob! I want my mommy dude!
handonheart
Expatriate
Austria

Post by handonheart »

Weird. A US man gets deported back from a third-country because said person was a danger to the US embassy in that country?! And then did nothing else? lol
why didn't TSA then stop him from flying in the first place?
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

WildA wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:33 am
Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:22 am
WildA wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:19 pm
xandreu wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:29 pm
WildA wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:36 am

.Gov knows the name and identifiers of all folks who leave the USA and their destinations. This information is provided by airlines and TSA. Folks who are being watched or suspected or wanted can result in a denial of entry somewhere else.

Ya'll need to keep in mind that in a giant secured basement somewhere in the USA the fastest computers in the world analyze each and every bit of electronic information that travels on a public network everywhere. If Uncle Sam wants you, alive or dead, sooner or later he will get you. Aint like the old days, good thing they dont care about old fat stoners like me.
I think to say that there are computers which analyse each and every bit of information everywhere is a bit of an exaggeration, however, I once had a friend who worked in one of Microsoft's national headquarters. I would occasionally pick him up from work and I once noticed a couple of men in full military uniform walking around. When I asked my friend about them, he said there was a military base right underneath the complex. Apparently it was a kind of open secret among the employees there, although no-one was allowed to go down there and it was kept very much separate from the main buildings. The soldiers wouldn't come up to use the canteen or mingle with the Microsoft employees for example. Only occasionally would you see them walking around. It was all very hush hush and kind of top secret / James Bond esq.

Now I know it's not unusual for there to be secret military bases, but I always thought that to have one directly beneath Microsoft's main headquarter complex is a little fishy. Why the need for it to be exactly there?
Because no one can have an unclassified computer system faster or more sophisticated than Uncle Sam, nor can folks have software that he cant hack, nor can one have codes that he cant crack and when you read how Google has reached a certain milestone in Quantum computing, you can rest assured that Uncle Sam is looking right over the shoulder of the researchers.

Because further in these MIcrosoft and Google basements are pimple faced, Mountain Dew slurping nerds making a million dollars a year off of Uncle Sams money busily doing things with computers that only they understand, and arent allowed to talk about. Becasue for what the NSA does, specialized tools, software and storage are required above and beyond what is commercially available. Remember how some small Israeli company hacked an Iphone in two days? Dollars to donuts the NSA was involved.

And you can rest assured that Uncle Sam sees all. They just dont talk about it. Thats why Snowden in in Russia, otheriwse he would be in the Florence Supermax. I have heard that contractors and employees are shown a video of that place as part of the hiring process.

Remember, Satans greatest weapon is the denial of his existence.

All of the above doesnt make me a paranoid loon, becasue Im just a loon who finds that shit fascinating on a stoner basis. Like when some dude is driving down the road in the passenger seat and Uncle Sam drops a giant knife on his head from 20,000 feet turning him into chunks. You wont catch me looking at the sky because Im worried, but maybe I can capture it on my cell phone and go viral.

Ive always wanted to send an email to someone with the key words and see if some guys with suitsandsigs show up to check. Dudes, I was just joking about plutonium, damn you guys are soooooo serious.
wow, this feels like bar banter. quantum computing is still far from being fruitful. if Five Eyes wants to find you they will. if they want to know what's in your packets of data, no encryption will keep you safe. unlimited time, will and money will defeat all. Snowden leaked incredible technology that's outdated now but if you can stay awake while reading it it is very interesting.
It is impossible for anything to record everything transmitted on the net though.
So, I wonder what your involved in that you worry so much?
:beer2:
So basically you agree with what I say, you just dispute the capbilities. Got it. Argue for the sake or arguing.

Oh and dude, reading comprehension is your friend. Where did I ever say I was worried? I have a license for the machine guns so Im in good shape, guess I have been vetted, how about you?
I did misword my original post, paranoid is better suited. I was being friendly in my post by agreeing with you for the most part. but, if you are curious, I hold a type 1 FFL license and a carry permit. None the less sir, you have impressed me as being "a hellacious piece of manpower." Please go on and tell me about the platoon you took out in 'nam with your swiss army knife.

edit: "guess I have been vetted"

you were spayed or neutered?
Last edited by Ravensnest on Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still here, in country...
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Post by BigDee »

Ding, popcorns ready. Now ill just get comfy because this is going great guns (pardon the pun)
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:07 pm
WildA wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:33 am
Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:22 am
WildA wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:19 pm
xandreu wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:29 pm

I think to say that there are computers which analyse each and every bit of information everywhere is a bit of an exaggeration, however, I once had a friend who worked in one of Microsoft's national headquarters. I would occasionally pick him up from work and I once noticed a couple of men in full military uniform walking around. When I asked my friend about them, he said there was a military base right underneath the complex. Apparently it was a kind of open secret among the employees there, although no-one was allowed to go down there and it was kept very much separate from the main buildings. The soldiers wouldn't come up to use the canteen or mingle with the Microsoft employees for example. Only occasionally would you see them walking around. It was all very hush hush and kind of top secret / James Bond esq.

Now I know it's not unusual for there to be secret military bases, but I always thought that to have one directly beneath Microsoft's main headquarter complex is a little fishy. Why the need for it to be exactly there?
Because no one can have an unclassified computer system faster or more sophisticated than Uncle Sam, nor can folks have software that he cant hack, nor can one have codes that he cant crack and when you read how Google has reached a certain milestone in Quantum computing, you can rest assured that Uncle Sam is looking right over the shoulder of the researchers.

Because further in these MIcrosoft and Google basements are pimple faced, Mountain Dew slurping nerds making a million dollars a year off of Uncle Sams money busily doing things with computers that only they understand, and arent allowed to talk about. Becasue for what the NSA does, specialized tools, software and storage are required above and beyond what is commercially available. Remember how some small Israeli company hacked an Iphone in two days? Dollars to donuts the NSA was involved.

And you can rest assured that Uncle Sam sees all. They just dont talk about it. Thats why Snowden in in Russia, otheriwse he would be in the Florence Supermax. I have heard that contractors and employees are shown a video of that place as part of the hiring process.

Remember, Satans greatest weapon is the denial of his existence.

All of the above doesnt make me a paranoid loon, becasue Im just a loon who finds that shit fascinating on a stoner basis. Like when some dude is driving down the road in the passenger seat and Uncle Sam drops a giant knife on his head from 20,000 feet turning him into chunks. You wont catch me looking at the sky because Im worried, but maybe I can capture it on my cell phone and go viral.

Ive always wanted to send an email to someone with the key words and see if some guys with suitsandsigs show up to check. Dudes, I was just joking about plutonium, damn you guys are soooooo serious.
wow, this feels like bar banter. quantum computing is still far from being fruitful. if Five Eyes wants to find you they will. if they want to know what's in your packets of data, no encryption will keep you safe. unlimited time, will and money will defeat all. Snowden leaked incredible technology that's outdated now but if you can stay awake while reading it it is very interesting.
It is impossible for anything to record everything transmitted on the net though.
So, I wonder what your involved in that you worry so much?
:beer2:
So basically you agree with what I say, you just dispute the capbilities. Got it. Argue for the sake or arguing.

Oh and dude, reading comprehension is your friend. Where did I ever say I was worried? I have a license for the machine guns so Im in good shape, guess I have been vetted, how about you?
I did misword my original post, paranoid is better suited. I was being friendly in my post by agreeing with you for the most part. but, if you are curious, I hold a type 1 FFL license and a carry permit. None the less sir, you have impressed me as being "a hellacious piece of manpower." Please go on and tell me about the platoon you took out in 'nam with your swiss army knife.

edit: "guess I have been vetted"

you were spayed or neutered?
Wish I could say the same about you. But hey, have a great day
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Would the paranoid man scale the walls of US Embassy just because he didn’t have an appointment (and it was closed that day) to demand justice?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:24 am Would the paranoid man scale the walls of US Embassy just because he didn’t have an appointment (and it was closed that day) to demand justice?
If a Wat Phnom monkey can do it anyone can do it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:55 pm
Ya'll need to keep in mind that in a giant secured basement somewhere in the USA the fastest computers in the world analyze each and every bit of electronic information that travels on a public network everywhere.
I don't understand the tin foil hat, Snowden made it quite clear how dangerous the NSA is and the American Government quickly proved him right with the illegal forced landing and search of the Bolivan President's diplomatically protected airplane, ironically in a failed effort to catch Snowden.
Chukwow
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Chukwow »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:55 pm
Ya'll need to keep in mind that in a giant secured basement somewhere in the USA the fastest computers in the world analyze each and every bit of electronic information that travels on a public network everywhere.

A little basement they call it. Silicone tits woops I mean Silicon valley
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic