Why do so many here seem to have encountered bitter divorces?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Why do so many here seem to have encountered bitter divorces?

Post by Brody »

Spigzy wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:23 am
Yerg wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:38 pm What encourages me is that kids do eventually become adults. And using their own reasoning and intelligence, do eventually see the wood for the trees.
Well put Yerg, exact same situation with my eldest
Thanks for sharing that Spigzoid, I had no idea.

I find it most uplifting that both of your stories ended well and that your children's minds and hearts weren't permanently poisoned, as I assumed would happen in situations like that.

That is really encouraging and speaks to the fact that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Even in the darkest and most tragic of family difficulties.

Well done you two. :thumb:
heyyoufarang
Tourist
United States of America

Post by heyyoufarang »

cptrelentless wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:46 am I think that if she gets half your money you get to superglue her fanny shut
That's pretty damn funny. Thanks for the chuckle.
I was educated once--it took me years to get over it.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Yerg wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:05 am Okay, my two-pence worth. And breathe...
Shoulda stabbed that bitch... Anytime adultery in particular is the cause of divorce, it should be a serious consideration in the "who gets what" game.
Last edited by Electric Earth on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Electric Earth wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:37 pm
Yerg wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:05 am Okay, my two-pence worth. And breathe...
Shoulda stabbed that bitch... Anytime adultery in particular is the cause of divorce, it should be a serious consideration in the "who gets what" game.
I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind. But that would have been my life over.

In retrospect, I got a chance to re-boot and meet and have relationships with other women who have taught me more than I ever thought I could learn. Since my divorce, every relationship that ended simply ran their courses. I have remained good friends with all of my subsequent partners bar 1. She was a bunny-boiler and that's a story for another day. LOL

So, with an IQ of 950 in hindsight. I'm glad I didn't stab the bitch :hattip:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

heyyoufarang wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:03 am
cptrelentless wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:46 am I think that if she gets half your money you get to superglue her fanny shut
What happens if you get half her money :shock:
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

pczz wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:48 am
heyyoufarang wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:03 am
What happens if you get half her money :shock:
She gets to superglue your Jap's Eye shut????
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic