Guesthouse with Pizza Restaurant & Bar for Sale on Koh Rong Samloem M'pai bay

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Guesthouse with Pizza Restaurant & Bar for Sale on Koh Rong Samloem M'pai bay

Post by basta.binici »

pczz wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:55 am
frizzie77 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:54 pm
basta.binici wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:35 pm
pczz wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:20 pm Is the rental contract the same as Sihanoukville? valid until it expires or until a Chinese offers a higher rent to the landlord, whichever comes first
According to Cambodian law, the court will fine the landlord to pay you the profit of remaining years in the agreement.
And, as everybody knows, Cambodian law is always upheld and strictly followed, especially when barang are involved...
And if you are still here 2 years later when it gets to court and have paid a lawyer twice what you are trying to claim. Fact is numerous barang have been kicked out of their leases to make way for Chinese paying more money. None have ever got compensation, and non ever will. it is a waste of time trying to set up anywhere the chinese are
No, this is not the case. Those people haven't applied to the court with legal agreements. They only complained online. Several western tenants applied to court with legal agreements; all won their cases in short time and without bribe. Some stories are misleading. Please ask whether they have applied to any judge or court or not?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Guesthouse with Pizza Restaurant & Bar for Sale on Koh Rong Samloem M'pai bay

Post by pczz »

basta.binici wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:29 pm
pczz wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:20 pm Is the rental contract the same as Sihanoukville? valid until it expires or until a Chinese offers a higher rent to the landlord, whichever comes first
According to Cambodian law, the court will fine the landlord to pay you the profit of remaining years in the agreement.
And, as everybody knows, Cambodian law is always upheld and strictly followed, especially when barang are involved...
And if you are still here 2 years later when it gets to court and have paid a lawyer twice what you are trying to claim. Fact is numerous barang have been kicked out of their leases to make way for Chinese paying more money. None have ever got compensation, and non ever will. it is a waste of time trying to set up anywhere the chinese are
No, this is not the case. Those people haven't applied to the court with legal agreements. They only complained online. Several western tenants applied to court with legal agreements; all won their cases in short time and without bribe. Some stories are misleading. Please ask whether they have applied to any judge or court or not?
I would not want to take my chances with any court, here or back home. Even without bribes legal fees are extortionate. From my past experience it is anything between 300% and 1000% more than back home. For example i wa quoted $1500 to take someoen to court who owed me $3000 (at home $400), and $800 for a will (at home $100)
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

pczz wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:05 am
I would not want to take my chances with any court, here or back home. Even without bribes legal fees are extortionate. From my past experience it is anything between 300% and 1000% more than back home. For example i wa quoted $1500 to take someone to court who owed me $3000 (at home $400), and $800 for a will (at home $100)
That is not the case now. Cambodia is developing. You could build anything without permit until a few years ago. Now they are demolishing illegal buildings. Things are changing and Cambodia is taking measures not to lose foreign investors anymore.There are lands AT $5000-$10000 sqm in Phnom Pehn now and being invested by big companies. Even return back of Chinese online gamblers didn't lower the prices much. Please PM me, I will explain how to get your money or gain your rights without any bribe.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

There sure are lots of businesses and land for sale on those islands recently.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

Cooldude wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:22 pm There sure are lots of businesses and land for sale on those islands recently.
Not many lands are for sale. Most of the landlords in Koh Rong keep their lands for future. Businesses aren't negotiating much from listing prices and indeed, there are not many businesses for sale; most of the business owners are happy.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

basta.binici wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:12 pm

I would not want to take my chances with any court, here or back home. Even without bribes legal fees are extortionate. From my past experience it is anything between 300% and 1000% more than back home. For example i wa quoted $1500 to take someone to court who owed me $3000 (at home $400), and $800 for a will (at home $100)
That is not the case now. Cambodia is developing. You could build anything without permit until a few years ago. Now they are demolishing illegal buildings. Things are changing and Cambodia is taking measures not to lose foreign investors anymore.There are lands AT $5000-$10000 sqm in Phnom Pehn now and being invested by big companies. Even return back of Chinese online gamblers didn't lower the prices much. Please PM me, I will explain how to get your money or gain your rights without any bribe.
Not interested. you have already lost if you have to go to see a lawyer as a big chunk ofwhat you get back disappears in legal fees
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

pczz wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:33 am

Not interested. you have already lost if you have to go to see a lawyer as a big chunk ofwhat you get back disappears in legal fees
All fees and expenses would be paid by the lawyer as in any developed country. Cambodia's laws are protective for tenants.
No one is kicking anyone out. Sihanoukville's last population was 300k but kicked businesses weren't even 10. In every city there are 10 cons, right? It is just as uncommon as in any other country.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

ImageImageImageImage
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

basta.binici wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:20 pm
pczz wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:33 am
All fees and expenses would be paid by the lawyer as in any developed country. Cambodia's laws are protective for tenants.
No one is kicking anyone out. Sihanoukville's last population was 300k but kicked businesses weren't even 10. In every city there are 10 cons, right? It is just as uncommon as in any other country.
I agree there are cons in every country, but there is noway I would take a chance on a Khmeer court backing a barang agaist a wealthy member of the elite or "foreign" investor. Money talks everywhere, but more so here than in most develeoped countries. i have to wonder why people take the risks because the returns in Cambodia are no that great for the risk invlved. you can get 8% interest in a microfinance institution for very little risk
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

All those investors are happily paying what tenant asks. No investor wants problem. I had many positive and no negative experiences.People here negotiate and all business has a price for sale.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic