THE SAD TALE OF THE MAN WHO COULDN’T MAKE A FRIEND IN CAMBODIA FOR LOVE NOR MONEY

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: THE SAD TALE OF THE MAN WHO COULDN’T MAKE A FRIEND IN CAMBODIA FOR LOVE NOR MONEY

Post by hanno »

Alex wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:24 am Is there a tldr version available?
I really tried to read thus, but I just could not get past the 4th line....
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: THE SAD TALE OF THE MAN WHO COULDN’T MAKE A FRIEND IN CAMBODIA FOR LOVE NOR MONEY

Post by canucklhead »

Sounds like "your friend" has had a pretty good time. He didnt have any babies or buy any houses or motos for them.
Maybe flesh it out a bit more and turn it into a book.😂
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Confused »

Khmu Nation wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:20 am The hooker with a heart of gold is an urban myth.
Working girls have an ability to sacrifice their hearts more than other girls, but they feel just as deep.

There are ones with good hearts and ones with hearts that are of no interest to a man. Just the same as other girls.
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Confused »

hanno wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:28 am
Alex wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:24 am Is there a tldr version available?
I really tried to read thus, but I just could not get past the 4th line....
You're OK, you got the best bit.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

What a tale, it sounds like a confused stab at writing the Cambodian private dancer. I lost track of who was supposed to be who although I'm pretty sure that the poster is the "friend" and main protagonist in this tale, too many weird specific details for it to have been relayed to him as a tale.

However what you can take from this confused, is if you treat a woman like dirt, constantly telling her she isn't your girlfriend and that you want to date other women she eventually won't hang about regardless that she may work in a bar, show some respect. You got what! You deserved and I hope they all took you for a chunk of cash as well as your heart.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There's a serious lack of emotional maturity, the guy is going on like a 17 year old.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Confused »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:30 pm What a tale, it sounds like a confused stab at writing the Cambodian private dancer. I lost track of who was supposed to be who although I'm pretty sure that the poster is the "friend" and main protagonist in this tale, too many weird specific details for it to have been relayed to him as a tale.

However what you can take from this confused, is if you treat a woman like dirt, constantly telling her she isn't your girlfriend and that you want to date other women she eventually won't hang about regardless that she may work in a bar, show some respect. You got what! You deserved and I hope they all took you for a chunk of cash as well as your heart.
Fair points John. It's not very well written and needed another edit, but I decided to post it when I was half asleep, having gone to the trouble of writing it out. Apologies for that.

I do respect them John. That's not the issue I promise you, there's something else that was going on. I can be a bit of a cock sometimes, but I am good with the girls and respectful to them, even if I might be a bit indiscrete at times. My heart's good and they all know that, and not that it's worth any credit but I would NEVER harm a girl (which is more than some pieced of shit in that city) and never intentionally hurt a girl emotionally (I gave one a lecture a few weeks ago about all my bad points, as I knew she'd fallen a bit too much). I've been through a lot of pain myself John and I wouldn't want anyone else to feel that. I'm not into revenge or whatever and I don't blame any of the girls for the problems I've had anyway. I know that many of them feel bad about it, but I also know they have no control over it.

That one girl I saw the most, I agree with some of what you said. I did treat her badly in some ways like you say telling her I'd never marry her I'd never fall in love with her (that went well haha !), seeing other girls (but she had customers and it was just like that), but I treated her very well in other ways, and took real good care of her. You're right in a way though.

None of these girls made much money out of me. One took me for too many drinks a couple of nights, but that's about it. A couple I gave money to over-charged me a bit. That's about it. I had 2 girls I met for one night steal from me as well (including one who got mentioned in the story in passing), but they're of no significance.

I don't believe I did get what I deserved though. You're wrong there.
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Confused »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:42 pm There's a serious lack of emotional maturity, the guy is going on like a 17 year old.
You're right, and I see that reading it through, but you need to understand the situation. I have had girl after girl who I know has feelings for me, taken off me, including one massive heartbreak where I went from best friends with a girl to nothing with no reason in the blink of an eye. When that stacks up it affects you, and your normal cruise control gets thrown out of the window.

Edit: it's also a little bit the way it's written as obviously everything is summarised. In reality I didn't cry every time I met a girl !
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

So
I heard about this guy in Cambodia
is actually you?

I only got one third the way thru the story before I couldn't go on...so apologies if what follows doesn't fit.

Seems to me there's a serious issue about managing expectations for these girls that you talk about.. I mean, sounded like you couldn't decide whether you wanna be a monger or play BF/GF?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i kinda got the impression during the story that the "friend" was a person who would not pay/underpay, and that is why he got the bad reputation in and around town, ive seen it before, girls talk
the prices the girls expect now are a lot higher than what they were a few years ago
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic