smuggled photos from Bangkok’s Immigration Detention center

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: smuggled photos from Bangkok’s Immigration Detention center

Post by yong »

I am sure if anyone goes by the law and do not overstay for whatever reason one will not have to end up is such a predicament (not that I agree to such inhumane treatment of offenders).

In my 15 years working in Thailand I have no fear whatsoever of having to end up like this. I always set a reminder in my phone to remind me when its time to renew my immigration, driving license, car insurance, annul road tax, etc etc.

I have no good word for the extremely corrupt and ruthless government officials in Thailand, how fucked up and scums of all scums they can be but I avoid them at all costs. How? Simply by obeying and operating within their laws, you will have no fear. I've got local government (where my businesses are located) wanting to extort money by releasing the dogs (tax department) on us, I simply welcome them, gave them my biggest conference room for 4 weeks to scrutinise my books, after 4 weeks and after checking 5 years of accounts couldn't find anything then wanted to check beyond 5 years, they stayed for another 2 weeks, gave up, packed up and left.

My lesson is always start off at the right footing. Don't go for short cuts. Don't bribe cos you will owe them forever. This goes with anyone's immigration issues and don't blame them for the lousy treatment if one is not innocent. Come on, this is the 3rd world, not the cushy 1st world where I come from, Singapore.

I'm not teaching anyone here how to live, most of you should be older and wiser than me. Just sharing my 15 years experience here in Thailand. I am very happy every single day of my life here, happier than I would have if I'd stayed in Singapore.

Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

I agree - don’t overstay. But it can happen. I was extremely ill with a fever for two weeks which meant I overstayed and missed my flight. After I recovered I booked a new flight and upon arrival at the airport presented myself at departures expecting to pay an overstay fine and be on my merry way. As I had no medical certificate or receipt proving my illness and inability to fly when I was meant to I got banged up for 3 months. As stated it can and does happen.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

WildA wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:53 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:26 am The photos are real and the people held are living in inhumane conditions. Shocking that a civilized nation would treat fellow human beings this way.

Oops, only the first two pictures are in Thailand, the last three are from immigration detention centers in Texas, USA.
The pictures of temporary US holding areas are totally off topic, misleading, proven false and lying TDS BS. But regardless, one of the reasons I left Thailand is because legit ordinary Joes like me were lumped in the the flotsam and jetsam that Thailand has been trying to rid itself of, many of which flotsam and jetsam are now here in Cambo.
Shocking the Wall Street Journal, BBC and Forbes would publish misleading, proven false and lying TDS ( Trump Delusion Syndrome) photos. As to being off-topic, it is a comparative study of how the world's greatest democracy ( and my nation ) treat non-nationals who have broken immigration laws vs how tinpot junta run nations treat theirs. I dare say not much different. I believe the pictorial study is at least if not more on-topic than your explanation as to why you no longer grace Thailand with your presence.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

agree with young

UNTIL......you really have something they want... or you say/post something they don't agree with
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

I am sure if anyone does not go to Thailand for whatever reason, they will not have to end up is such a predicament involving inhumane treatment of offenders.

In my 12 years of not living in Thailand I have no fear whatsoever of having to end up like this. I always set a reminder in my phone to remind me not to travel to Thailand.

I don't have to think about much less care about the extremely corrupt and ruthless government officials in Thailand, how fucked up and scums of all scums they can be because I avoid them at all costs. How? Simply by not living in or visiting Thailand and living and traveling in other countries, you will have no fear. I don't have local government wanting to extort money from me.

My lesson is always to dismiss any ideas about visiting Thailand. Don't go for chrissake. You won't need to bribe them cos you won't be there forever. This goes with anyone's immigration issues and the lousy treatment if one has simply overstayed.

I'm not teaching anyone here how to live, most of you should be older and wiser than me. Just sharing my 12 years experience of not living in Thailand. I am very happy every single day of my life here, happier than I would be if I'd stayed in Thailand.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:29 am I am sure if anyone does not go to Thailand for whatever reason, they will not have to end up is such a predicament involving inhumane treatment of offenders.

In my 12 years of not living in Thailand I have no fear whatsoever of having to end up like this. I always set a reminder in my phone to remind me not to travel to Thailand.

I don't have to think about much less care about the extremely corrupt and ruthless government officials in Thailand, how fucked up and scums of all scums they can be because I avoid them at all costs. How? Simply by not living in or visiting Thailand and living and traveling in other countries, you will have no fear. I don't have local government wanting to extort money from me.

My lesson is always to dismiss any ideas about visiting Thailand. Don't go for chrissake. You won't need to bribe them cos you won't be there forever. This goes with anyone's immigration issues and the lousy treatment if one has simply overstayed.

I'm not teaching anyone here how to live, most of you should be older and wiser than me. Just sharing my 12 years experience of not living in Thailand. I am very happy every single day of my life here, happier than I would be if I'd stayed in Thailand.
Can you share the name of the magical place you live in?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Khmu Nation wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:44 am I agree - don’t overstay. But it can happen. I was extremely ill with a fever for two weeks which meant I overstayed and missed my flight. After I recovered I booked a new flight and upon arrival at the airport presented myself at departures expecting to pay an overstay fine and be on my merry way. As I had no medical certificate or receipt proving my illness and inability to fly when I was meant to I got banged up for 3 months. As stated it can and does happen.
They bang you up for three months for a two-week overstay if you have no medical certificate? Just for that?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:30 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:44 am I agree - don’t overstay. But it can happen. I was extremely ill with a fever for two weeks which meant I overstayed and missed my flight. After I recovered I booked a new flight and upon arrival at the airport presented myself at departures expecting to pay an overstay fine and be on my merry way. As I had no medical certificate or receipt proving my illness and inability to fly when I was meant to I got banged up for 3 months. As stated it can and does happen.
They bang you up for three months for a two-week overstay if you have no medical certificate? Just for that?
There's something more to the story, of that i am sure. I know more than a few that have overstayed more than a month, rolled up to immigration with a ticket on a departing flight, paid the fine and left. I have never been more than a day overstay on all the time I have been here, never paid any fine at immigration, ( or bakshish) or had any problems..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:41 pm
sigmoid wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:29 am I am sure if anyone does not go to Thailand for whatever reason, they will not have to end up is such a predicament involving inhumane treatment of offenders.

Can you share the name of the magical place you live in?
Well isn't it "Not Thailand" ? Pretty obvious to me
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I suppose it's too much to hope Sigmoid's "Not" Thailand policy could extend to him "Not" posting on Thailand threads. :D 12 years out and still can't break free, you've got it bad pal.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic