Equivalent to Thai Mooban?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
heyyoufarang
Tourist
United States of America

Equivalent to Thai Mooban?

Post by heyyoufarang »

Hello, ya'll. Well I think it's about time for me to saddle-up and make my way over to Cambodia. Does Cambodia have the equivalent of a Thai Mooban?
I'm currently paying 13,000B for a furnished 3-bed, 2-bath joint now in a comfortable, well-kept Mooban in Korat. Mooban neighborhoods in Siem Reap perhaps?
I was educated once--it took me years to get over it.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Equivalent to Thai Mooban?

Post by Marty »

What's Thai Mooban?
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

Marty wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:45 am What's Thai Mooban?

A village of houses or gated community.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Moobs are banned here too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

heyyoufarang wrote:Hello, ya'll. Well I think it's about time for me to saddle-up and make my way over to Cambodia. Does Cambodia have the equivalent of a Thai Mooban?
I'm currently paying 13,000B for a furnished 3-bed, 2-bath joint now in a comfortable, well-kept Mooban in Korat. Mooban neighborhoods in Siem Reap perhaps?

There are gated neighborhoods here, called a borey (same as 'buri' in Thai), but it's unlikely you'll find a 3 bed house in one under $500 USD.
orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

epidemiks wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:01 am
heyyoufarang wrote:Hello, ya'll. Well I think it's about time for me to saddle-up and make my way over to Cambodia. Does Cambodia have the equivalent of a Thai Mooban?

There are gated neighborhoods here, called a borey (same as 'buri' in Thai), but it's unlikely you'll find a 3 bed house in one under $500 USD.
You can find under 500 but yes, won't be furnished.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic