Make China Great Again

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Make China Great Again

Post by Brody »

Chinese woman eating bat as the world combats Coronavirus.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sSYH3_1580277180
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

The Chinese blogger(?) said that the clip of her eating the bat was about 3 years old and nothing to do with current events but that someone had re-posted it.
I had bbq'd bat late last year which I think was the equivalent of an Australian Fruit Bat (which also has a virus that can be passed on to humans). Apparently in Cambodia it is illegal to catch the bat let alone eat it but I was told that authorities tend to turn a blind eye.
Taste wise, actually not bad at all but now knowing it is illegal I won't be asking for it again.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Kahuna wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:53 pm The Chinese blogger(?) said that the clip of her eating the bat was about 3 years old and nothing to do with current events but that someone had re-posted it.
Interesting......that's a deceptive thing to do, trying to make it seem like she ate it recently.

Thanks for the info.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Some Chinese are so rude that they jaywalk. Thank god that the authorities in China use facial recognition programs to catch these rule-breakers. Deviation is a slippery slope, first jaywalking, next not putting the toilet seat down when one is finished.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kahuna wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:53 pm The Chinese blogger(?) said that the clip of her eating the bat was about 3 years old and nothing to do with current events but that someone had re-posted it.
I had bbq'd bat late last year which I think was the equivalent of an Australian Fruit Bat (which also has a virus that can be passed on to humans). Apparently in Cambodia it is illegal to catch the bat let alone eat it but I was told that authorities tend to turn a blind eye.
Taste wise, actually not bad at all but now knowing it is illegal I won't be asking for it again.
Bat blood soup and likely other bat recipes are often consumed in Battambang. I wouldn't want to eat any bat. It hasn't been proven that bats are anything to do with this Coronavirus but they are well known for carrying various pathogens including parvoviruses etc.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Not China but our western neighbors:

https://thethaiger.com/news/northern-th ... y-explains

:bad:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:51 am
Bat blood soup and likely other bat recipes are often consumed in Battambang. I wouldn't want to eat any bat. It hasn't been proven that bats are anything to do with this Coronavirus but they are well known for carrying various pathogens including parvoviruses etc.
True that. The vampire bats are the worst. Imagine all the virus transmission they cause by biting multiple humans and other animals.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:00 am Not China but our western neighbors:

https://thethaiger.com/news/northern-th ... y-explains

:bad:

The question being,,,, are the workers there Cambodians ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Man suspected of having virus is taken down by the running bench maneuver

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=akrQl_1580934854
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »