Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by Jack.R. »

3 people with coronavirus enjoyed their time in Cambodia and where only confirmed as Coronavirus patients on the way back.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

I am grateful that there are so many contributors to this site that are experts in the field of virus detection, control, statistics and snake oil. Would it be possible for these experts to form a cooperative and offer their combined knowledge and expertise to the WHO and then with fingers crossed the world would avoid Armageddon.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

at long last, the organization science and social science expert has arrived
hallelujah

monstra mihi bona!
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Jack.R. wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:28 pm 3 people with coronavirus enjoyed their time in Cambodia and where only confirmed as Coronavirus patients on the way back.
how reliable is this, would you say Jack.r?

monstra mihi bona!
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

95% it's a proper Chinese publication for Chinese people in Cambodia, they even have an app.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

In order to prevent the spread of the epidemic, the Chinese Embassy in Cambodia, together with Cambodia, actively sought passengers arriving on the same flight as the diagnosed patients, and actively coordinated Lan Mei Airlines to bring 34 people who came to Cambodia on the same flight as those diagnosed. Chinese citizens are transported back to Shenzhen, China.
good follow up, but how long were they at large?

monstra mihi bona!
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

5 days and they went back on their own.
Symptoms developed in Cambodia and decided to go back the next day.
Considered that the infectivity begins early I say that we can expect several cases.
dilbert
Tourist

Post by dilbert »

I believe that the situation has to be much worse than what the Chinese government is reporting.

My daughter is a student at the school I teach at in Beijing, the average tuition for the school is 50,000+ USD per year, it is a school for some of the wealthiest families in Beijing.

I am in a chatgroup with all the parents from class and there is a parent pleading for any leads on medicine that can help treat some of the symptoms of the virus. She says that her family (aside from herself and her son) are stuck in Wuhan. They have tried to admit 2 family members to the hospital who are showing symptoms but have been turned away because they are full. They also say hospitals have run out of the necessary medicine and patients are expected to have family members locate it and bring it in from other countries.

Keep in mind, these are not "average" citizens, they are incredibly wealthy, and even they are pleading for help.

The school admins have now stepped in and reminded the parents that "we must be positive and hopeful, and trust that the situation will be under control soon".

Even with 2 family members sick, she claims they are actually lucky compared to most other families trapped in Wuhan. Allegedly the government is now bringing people straight from their homes to be cremated, cutting out the middle man of bringing them to the hospital.

I really hope it does start to improve soon but it sounds like a very tragic state.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic