Expat bar in Siem Reap

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
VaperDude
Expatriate
Great Britain

Expat bar in Siem Reap

Post by VaperDude »

Hey,

Wondering if there is a certain bar in SR where alot of expats go to. Thinking it will be good to find like minded people when I get there in march.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ristoa
Tourist

Re: Expat bar in Siem Reap

Post by ristoa »

There is no expat bar, but I have seen some expats hanging out by the small shop at the riverside, on the bench.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

VaperDude
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by VaperDude »

ristoa wrote:There is no expat bar, but I have seen some expats hanging out by the small shop at the riverside, on the bench.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Lol. I'm just bit nervous I guess. So much stuff to sort out when I get there, namely finding a flat. I really don't want to come back to UK as an expat fail. Image

Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 135 »

The Local, Beatnik and Picasso are good expat options.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

VaperDude wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:17 am Hey,

Wondering if there is a certain bar in SR where alot of expats go to. Thinking it will be good to find like minded people when I get there in march.

Cheers

Go down to Sok San Road.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Bibi
Expatriate
Greece

Post by Bibi »

Laundry bar, Miss Wong, Asana bar.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

@OP Join the Siem Reap Expats FB page. They post all the expat and local events, music, quiz nights etc.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Draft Bar on Sok San Rd is a fine establishment, serving delicious drinks at reasonable prices with only the highest quality service to a cheerful community of friendly expats and welcoming locals.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

I personally am a fan of Laundry(one of my favorite bars, not just in Siem Reap) and Picasso. The Local seems cool, but also seemed a little pricey(by Siem Reap standards) the one time I was there. They're all solid expat hangouts. Belmiro's is another one where I've seen expats when I walk by, but have only been there once. Menaka is good if you're a cocktail person, and I've heard expats talk about it being good, but haven't seen them in there. Ms. Wong's cocktails are pretty meh and overpriced for what they are, and I haven't seen too many expats in there either. If you want something a little cheaper and a little more "dive bar" feel, hit up Sok San. I haven't frequented any bars there yet, but have been to a few. Finn McCools seemed like a pretty cool spot and there were a decent number of expats hanging out, including the expat owner.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

I like McCools. Nice place. Great tunes
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic