Filipina Gets Busted by Sniffer Dogs at Vietnam Border

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Filipina Gets Busted by Sniffer Dogs at Vietnam Border

Post by Albror »

Clemen wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:53 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:46 pm Another ruined life. Is/was the quick buck ever worth it to the mules? I do wonder as I often feel bad for them.
I always think ( though I know better) why don't they see who she's giving it to?
Well i think she know shes busted after they giving her back the re-assambled what-ever it was that was filled with the drugs.

Hopefully they can arrange it after the arrest with her cooperating but the guys geting it in probably got spotters at the border realising its a bust when she been in to long and they just throw away the phone they used to contact her? But hey, they could be total retards as well and fall for it. Would not suprice me.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Phnom Poon wrote:but they can always flee to asia and strut around with tactical knives etc to get real respect
High order stupid men strut around with tactical knives. Doing so only inflames things, makes a bad situation much worse. First move is leave, second is de-escalate if fleeing isn’t an option.

Tactical knives should only used, never shown, when all other options fail. If there is a guaranteed risk of death, then drawing and shooting may be required.

Back on topic. Where are those members who want to decriminalize all drugs? There’s been so much discussion in the past about the failed war on drugs and how countries will benefit from legalization. And of course, how every illegal drug is no more harmful than alcohol or cigarettes. Has the pendulum of public opinion swung in the other direction?
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

hunter8 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:19 pm What i struggle to understand is who consumes all this sh*t in SEA. It can’t be all foreigners, right? I mean there are junkies and alcoholics in the west because women don’t respect men there any more. Many young guys in the west go and try this sh*t like in the pictures. But in SEA?! Men here have the best women in the world that westerners fly thousands of miles to get a taste of, asian men can live and enjoy themselves. Why they have to get doped is what i can’t wrap my brain around. Or is it all foreigner junkies here that consume this sh*t?
I hope you are trolling as that’s a ridiculous comment. So you are saying all junkies and drunks are men and using because some woman has upset them? Hah hah hah. Jesus.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

omg just read the thread he’s being serious. Hah hah hah. A bitter divorcee methinks.

On the topic busting mules like the woman in question is absolutely pointless. Like busting a bullet maker for a murder when it’s the finger on the trigger they should be going after.

I am off the firm opinion that drugs, and that’s all drugs not just weed (spare me the it’s just a herb crap), should be decriminalized and ultimately legalised. This doesn’t mean I am some pro drug hedonist by the way.

Drug prohibition has only been around for a century and it is clearly a complete failure. Along with a multitude of compelling social and economic reasons I believe each person has the right of ownership of their own mind and body and what they decide to do to that mind and body is a persons fundamental and given right. No justification is needed, it is the state who requires justification over the ownership of an individuals right of choice, not the other way round.

Implementing total legislation would be complicated and I am not suggesting that suddenly you could pop down the newsagent and pick up an 8 ball of crack. It would probably involve members clubs were consumption would be regulated and strictly on premises. I don’t know.

As it stands millions of lives are destroyed by current prohibition laws and criminal enterprises have been granted an incredibly lucrative, multi faceted and infinitely profitable industry from which to generate billions of dollars a year, all untaxed, of which some goes to funding terrorist organisations, weaponising criminal cartels and also allows powerful gangs that operate outside the law who are involved in murder, kidnapping, torture, government corruption and extortion.

The drug industry is. I believe, the third biggest industry in the world so huge sums of money vanish from the tax system every year. With capitalism being, in its essence, the continuous reinvention of the market place, legislation could aid, or even end, global recession and invigorate economies across the world.

War is a racket as someone once wrote, it is hugely profitable for the few at the behest of the many (and for that reason makes war morally reprehensible) and ‘the drug war’ is the most profitable of all wars. Which I assume is why drug legislation seems so far away from ever being implemented. Too many powerful people are making too much money in it to consider the idea of legal drugs. And who suffers? The consumer of course.

It is utter nonsense and I hope to see complete legislation of all narcotics in my lifetime - although I don’t think I will.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

newkidontheblock wrote: Back on topic. Where are those members who want to decriminalize all drugs? There’s been so much discussion in the past about the failed war on drugs and how countries will benefit from legalization. And of course, how every illegal drug is no more harmful than alcohol or cigarettes. Has the pendulum of public opinion swung in the other direction?
Not sure what you're on about. I don't think you'll find many who ever advocated for total legalization of all drugs, besides maybe a few hardcore libertarians. Some argue for decriminalization for possession of small quantities (not trafficking), which is very different from actually legalizing the substances. Most who argue for legalization are talking about weed, which has been shown again and again to be less dangerous to health than alcohol (and has a lot of medicinal qualities). Weed is legal where I'm from, so it's common to see people lighting up and it doesn't bother anyone (well, the smell if you're nearby does bother some). I don't think there are many who are advocating for the total legalization of meth, heroin, desomorphine and so on. Wars on drugs tend to fail because you're punishing users who are addicted rather than addressing the actual addiction, or the social issues related to it. Meanwhile, producers and traffickers make big bucks making increasingly tainted products and are almost never totally eradicated.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

The debate around which drugs are ‘less dangerous’ is a distraction to the point of irrelevance.

All drugs can destroy a person yet all drugs should be legal, not just a few that have been deemed, incorrectly as ‘okay’ or least harmful. What rot.

It’s down to the individual what they decide to use. By reducing the power of the state, and minimising or eradicating the welfare state, power will ge granted to the individual thus diminishing this bullshit blame culture and through self determinism giving all people some self respect and personal responsibility - which in turn will reduce addiction rates as the core of addiction is low self esteem and nihilism. No one gets addicted overnight.

You reap what you sow. Grant the individual the choice but give them the awareness that there are many bad choices to be made.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The same method was used here - drugs hidden in handbags in a suitcase - when a Filipina was busted with 6kgs of meth on arrival at Manila airport coming from Siem Reap. Both times involve Filipina 'mules' carrying drugs from Cambodia, using the same smuggling method, so there may well be a link between the two cases.
post376296.html?hilit=filipina%20manila#p376213
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic