Kiwi Expat, CORNELIUS MCKINNEY, Dies in Phnom Penh Motorbike Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Andrew D
Tourist
New Zealand

Re: Kiwi Expat, CORNELIUS MCKINNEY, Dies in Phnom Penh Motorbike Accident

Post by Andrew D »

Mike,
Thanks - have just tried a direct message to you - hopefully it goes through - but yes that is extremely helpful and I'd like to get in touch with you off thread.
Best,
Andrew
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

RIP and condolences.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

RIP
70 and still riding a dirt bike?
good job!
everyone dies
not everyone lives

monstra mihi bona!
Feelgood
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Feelgood »

I was passing by and saw the ambulance crew frantically trying to revive him.
Mercifully he was out of it. Felt great pity for him.
Sounds like he was a wonderful man.

R.I.P.
Andrew D
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by Andrew D »

If anyone knows where more precisely the photos in the story are taken (especially the two with the Motorcycle on the footpath), Con's family offshore would appreciate knowing to help put the story together of what happened. I'm outside of the country and have being trying to identify it via Google street view but failing miserably. Any other information appreciated (happy to get via direct message if not appropriate for this thread)

Thanks,
Andrew
Andrew D
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by Andrew D »

Andrew D wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:22 am If anyone knows where more precisely the photos in the story are taken (especially the two with the Motorcycle on the footpath), Con's family offshore would appreciate knowing to help put the story together of what happened. I'm outside of the country and have being trying to identify it via Google street view but failing miserably. Any other information appreciated (happy to get via direct message if not appropriate for this thread)

Thanks,
Andrew
To answer my own question - I think the motorcycle photos are from https://www.google.com/maps/@11.565693, ... 312!8i6656 outside the Sacombank building on Preah Norodom Blvd 41 across from the corner with Oknha Ket St. 174.

Not sure about the other one with the van being loaded (is that the Ambulance?)
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Andrew D wrote:
Andrew D wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:22 am If anyone knows where more precisely the photos in the story are taken (especially the two with the Motorcycle on the footpath), Con's family offshore would appreciate knowing to help put the story together of what happened. I'm outside of the country and have being trying to identify it via Google street view but failing miserably. Any other information appreciated (happy to get via direct message if not appropriate for this thread)

Thanks,
Andrew
To answer my own question - I think the motorcycle photos are from https://www.google.com/maps/@11.565693, ... 312!8i6656 outside the Sacombank building on Preah Norodom Blvd 41 across from the corner with Oknha Ket St. 174.

Not sure about the other one with the van being loaded (is that the Ambulance?)
Yes, that's the location of the photo with the motorbike. The van photo might be at their home in Peam Ching village, given the funeral tent behind.
handonheart
Expatriate
Austria

Post by handonheart »

RIP
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic