Website overhaul required

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Website overhaul required

Post by rozzieoz »

pczz wrote:I believ the current catchphrase is "mobile first' so maybe you should look at an app. you might need a mortgage though as apps cost an arm and a leg by the time youget rhough google and apple certification
An app for what? I’m not sure what you mean, sorry.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

pczz wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:45 am I believ the current catchphrase is "mobile first' so maybe you should look at an app. you might need a mortgage though as apps cost an arm and a leg by the time youget rhough google and apple certification
Why da f*** would you spend 70-100k on a mobile app for a basic website??? Bizarre!!
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

mobile first doesn't mean get an app. It means having a screen layout that is responsive and is primarily driven to look fab on a smartphone screen and scaleable to other screens (tablets, pcs, etc).
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

violet wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:27 am mobile first doesn't mean get an app. It means having a screen layout that is responsive and is primarily driven to look fab on a smartphone screen and scaleable to other screens (tablets, pcs, etc).
Yep - but s/he said "maybe you should look at an app"!
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Born-Confused wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:58 am
violet wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:27 am mobile first doesn't mean get an app. It means having a screen layout that is responsive and is primarily driven to look fab on a smartphone screen and scaleable to other screens (tablets, pcs, etc).
^ yes. that's why I posted. I just refrained from quoting the post that prompted my post. I thought it was obvious. My bad.

edit wait on. are you being picky over 'look at' vs 'get'?

(shakes head and decides not to post again for awhile)
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

violet wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:00 am
Born-Confused wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:58 am
^ yes. that's why I posted. I just refrained from quoting the post that prompted my post. I thought it was obvious. My bad.

edit wait on. are you being picky over 'look at' vs 'get'?

(shakes head and decides not to post again for awhile)
Nope - agree with your post, don't agree on pczz saying to "look" or "get" an app which I took as implying Rozzie do for her website.......
All good V :beer3:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I have been recommending to affiliates to make sure that their website is Mobile friendly for over 3 years.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

The template currently used is (more or less) mobile friendly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

pczz wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:45 am I believ the current catchphrase is "mobile first' so maybe you should look at an app. you might need a mortgage though as apps cost an arm and a leg by the time youget rhough google and apple certification
If your website doesn't support a mobile template these days, or there's no SSL, Google will punish you heavily for that. So unless your business is so special they will find you anyway anyhow, both are highly recommended these days (or for the last 2 years...).
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

violet wrote:mobile first doesn't mean get an app. It means having a screen layout that is responsive and is primarily driven to look fab on a smartphone screen and scaleable to other screens (tablets, pcs, etc).
I have this, this was a big part of the last website overhaul.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic