Sea water to submerge Bangkok, Saigon: Moody's report

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Sea water to submerge Bangkok, Saigon: Moody's report

Post by ExPenhMan »

The Moody's Investors Service study, combining numerous independent analyses, says Thailand and Vietnam are very exposed to damages from rising sea levels.
Another recent study by Climate Central, published in October 2019, uses the estimates of Kopp et al (2014), which are based on sea level rise ranging from 0.3-0.8 meters to 0.5-1.2 meters and combines these with a new method to measure coastal elevation and determine population exposure.

It found in both the mid-century and 2100 projections, the largest exposed populations in absolute terms are in Asia, in China, Bangladesh, India, Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand.

Outside small island economies, the most exposed countries when considering locked-in sea level rise are Vietnam, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Bangladesh, said Moody’s, adding that major cities that would be submerged include Alexandria, Bangkok, Dhaka, Dubai, HCMC, Miami, Mumbai and Shanghai.
https://english.thesaigontimes.vn/74296 ... ody’s.html
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Sea water to submerge Bangkok, Saigon: Moody's report

Post by Yobbo »

Lex Luthor was on to something.
Cheap land in the Nevada could end up as prime seaview 8)
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Isn't that great, I will once be able to tell my grandchildren that I used to live in two by then submerged cities. If I'm still in reasonable health, I might even take a dive to revisit them!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Yobbo wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:37 pm Lex Luthor was on to something.
Cheap land in the Nevada could end up as prime seaview 8)
Impossible. the Donald tells us that Climate change is a filthy commie scam from the chinese, and he is always right. iwonder how much nevada land he has bought.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic