Where to buy a MASK in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Deefer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Where to buy a Mask

Post by Deefer »

Google 3M N100 aand P100 respirators for specifics and photos

[Thanks to Kammekor for the below information.
Kammekor wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:21 pm

I may have missed one or two, but it seemed to me all were wearing masks. I know those masks help a bit to keep the small dust particles out (pollution) but viruses?
Not an expert, but from my understanding those surgical masks do fuck all against viruses. You need a N100 or P100 respirator mask that at the very least seals around your mouth and nose. For real projection it needs to be full face because viruses can enter through your eyes.

The cheap ones go for $10

Cheapest option is wash your hands and don't touch your face.[/i]
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Protip, wear 2 at a time, definitely probably might possibly could maybe help more
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Here.....170 dollars and it's yours !!!!!Not sure I like the pink though, it's a bit girly :dragonchase:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NORTH-760008A- ... XQxU9R7tSB
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

DaveG wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:37 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:01 pm A facemask does fuck all to stop coronavirus. Pretty good for keeping all the dust and dried shit particles out, the flavours of PP.
Better than nothing though, and helps the wearer from keep touching the nose and mouth.

" — If worn properly, the N95 respirator is designed to keep out airborne particles far smaller than the flu. It's been tested and shown to have 95 percent efficiency at blocking particles 0.3 microns and greater in size, says Kristin Cummings, of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Flu particles are transmitted primarily by virus-laden large droplets — particles ranging from 2 to 10 microns in diameter, according to the CDC. "

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/per ... espirators

Just a quick quote I found...
Not really, though. 0.3 microns is still 300nm, when the corona virus is only a few nm in size. Fits right through the holes. Not including the joins between your face and the mask. Also, that's just blocking droplets, it'll be stuck to every surface you touch and completely covering your skin. It's not clear at the moment exactly how contagious it really is.
talltuktuk
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by talltuktuk »

A mask is just a layer of protection. Unless you are wearing a full, high quality respirator, you’re not going to block everything. Even a cheap mask will block some things. A better mask will block a little more. Any reduction of contagions entering your body will help, some measures help more than others. Avoiding close contact with people, avoiding sick people, washing your hands, not touching your eyes/mouth/nose, wearing a mask, and getting tested if you fall ill are all layers of protection. None of them are 100% but they do add up and reduce your chances. People seem to ignore this and think it’s all or nothing.
Cambodia: where money can buy you absolutely anything except intelligence.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Looks like we should all be wearing condoms not masks if you want 100 Percent protection.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

The virus can just as easily enter your body through your eyes as it can your nose and throat, so unless you're going to walk around with swimming goggles as well as a mask (which won't help you anyway), you may as well say your prayers.

We're all doomed.

It's worth bearing in mind that the number of confirmed deaths is much, much less than the number of usual deaths at this time of year due to normal influenza.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Britishguy
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Britishguy »

Try www.facebook.com/cammask we brought from. There all good
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

talltuktuk wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:54 am A mask is just a layer of protection. Unless you are wearing a full, high quality respirator, you’re not going to block everything. Even a cheap mask will block some things. A better mask will block a little more. Any reduction of contagions entering your body will help, some measures help more than others. Avoiding close contact with people, avoiding sick people, washing your hands, not touching your eyes/mouth/nose, wearing a mask, and getting tested if you fall ill are all layers of protection. None of them are 100% but they do add up and reduce your chances. People seem to ignore this and think it’s all or nothing.
Yeah dude, its like folks thinking oh I have a cheap surgical mask, I can just pirouette down the contagion ward and walk away fine :roll:

I just wear a bandana bandit style. Good USA cotton doubled over is as good as a cheap market mask.

Friday night here in BKK and the streets are unusually quiet for high season. I personally think this place is gonna get wacked hard, a taxi driver just came down with it. Im on a plane to Siem tomorrow from DMK with two mini bottles of alcohol for drenching any surface I may touch.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Masks don't prevent you from catching a virus, it's true. It's not just an Asian urban legend though. The real point of face masks is to prevent other people from contracting something from YOU. Being considerate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic