Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

WildA wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:22 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:54 pm Was just at a restaurant in Siem Reap and they've banned Chinese nationals from entering their place over concerns of the Coronavirus. :shock:

ImageImage
Good, Im fleeing Bangkok tomorrow for Siem Reap. But I was gonna do it anyway because of the Bangkok air, the virus just made me do it faster. Glad to see good old fashioned ethnic profiling in action. Keep up the good work, Cambodians, Chinese money is a tojan horse and soon the world will just have to get used to not having alot of it anymore.
Can't decide what's worse, the General not correcting the spelling on the sign or a Millwall fan running away from a bit of smog. Loyal supporter at the Old Den when I lived in South London in the 80/90''s WildA - hope Spigzy' s not following this thread :)) :beer3:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Good, Im fleeing Bangkok tomorrow for Siem Reap. But I was gonna do it anyway because of the Bangkok air, the virus just made me do it faster.
When we were in DMK airport we were practically the only ones without masks on in the entire place. Even the Indians had some makeshift masks on, lol.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

The Wuhan coronavirus seems to have a low fatality rate, and most patients make full recoveries. Experts reveal why it's causing panic anyway.

https://news.yahoo.com/wuhan-coronaviru ... 00463.html
The outbreak of a new coronavirus has sparked fear and anxiety around the world.

The pneumonialike virus, which originated in Wuhan, China, has infected more than 9,700 people and killed 213.

So far, the virus does not seem to be as deadly as SARS, which killed 774 people from 2002 to 2003. SARS had a mortality rate of 9.6%, whereas about 2% of people infected with the new coronavirus have died. But the number of people infected after one month has already surpassed the SARS outbreak's eight-month total.

Many patients with coronavirus have already made full recoveries. According to Chinese officials, most of those who've died were elderly or had other ailments that compromised their immune systems.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Updated list of airlines cutting China flights
A number of airlines say they are halting or reducing flights to China as the country struggles to contain the spread of the deadly novel coronavirus.
China has advised its citizens to postpone trips abroad and canceled overseas group tours, while several countries have urged their citizens to avoid travel to China.
https://www.asiatimes.com/2020/01/artic ... a-flights/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:58 pm
Good, Im fleeing Bangkok tomorrow for Siem Reap. But I was gonna do it anyway because of the Bangkok air, the virus just made me do it faster.
When we were in DMK airport we were practically the only ones without masks on in the entire place. Even the Indians had some makeshift masks on, lol.

LOL:
they obviously did not read that He said,no reason to wear masks an nothing to fear. :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:58 pm

Fuck that turban stuff, here is how ya do it:

Stylish, yet with that touch of criminality that keeps folks away.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Post by Kinetic »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:47 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:54 pm Was just at a restaurant in Siem Reap and they've banned Chinese nationals from entering their place over concerns of the Coronavirus. :shock:

ImageImage
Good, Im fleeing Bangkok tomorrow for Siem Reap. But I was gonna do it anyway because of the Bangkok air, the virus just made me do it faster. Glad to see good old fashioned ethnic profiling in action. Keep up the good work, Cambodians, Chinese money is a tojan horse and soon the world will just have to get used to not having alot of it anymore.
Can't decide what's worse, the General not correcting the spelling on the sign or a Millwall fan running away from a bit of smog. Loyal supporter at the Old Den when I lived in South London in the 80/90''s WildA - hope Spigzy' s not following this thread :)) :beer3:
Daaamn!! Made me think of old Bruce Lee movie ⬇️
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

sigmoid wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:12 pm
Many patients with coronavirus have already made full recoveries

No source is given for this except "Chinese officials", the data does not support this conclusion. According to what's been released, many are in quarantine, with no status given.
This, published earlier today, contradicts that statement.
up to you...
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

monomial wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:49 pm
It is worse than that, at least for those of us here. It appears to be extremely biased towards killing older men. Approximately 68% of the deaths, better than a 2:1 ratio, are men, most of retirement age. Doctors do not understand why the virus is extremely selective towards males vs. females.

The mortality rate is around 3%, which is way, way higher than the flu (approximately 0.01%).

In any case, as there are many men of retirement age here in Cambodia, keep in mind you are the virus's ideal target and Cambodia is basically a province of China. This one is something to be concerned about...
That used to be how bad flus was before modern medication. So yes if you are a high risk, then try really hard to not contract it, but it is not a human wipe out situation. People will die, and that sucks, but death has always been a part of the deal. Not trying to belittle the situation, but this is not the end of the human race, not even close, but yes us older guys amongst other risk groups might beat the dust.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Don't want to panic anybody but there is a flu like bug in Kampot at the moment,and unusually the persons involved are not going to the doctors................
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic