Baht will continue to remain strong throughout 2020

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Baht will continue to remain strong throughout 2020

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Pound inching towards 41, go on my son.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

adders28 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:25 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:06 am Hm. When i used to go to thailand is was near 50THB to a british pound. I just got a refund from B**king.com in THB and it was chnaged into GBP by my bank at 38THb to the GBP. lets see, a pcket of marlborough is 150 thb which is close to $5, Beer is about 60-100THB depending on where you are drinking os thats near $2-$3. Its cheaper in Spain than Thailand now
Its cheaper inengland
But who wants to live in the 51st state of america ruled by a man who ot 43% of the vote but 60% of the seats and is most renowned for his skill at lying and his inability to mkeep his zip shut. if that was happening in Africa we would call itundemocratic. welcome to the banana republic of boris. Had to laug though at picture on the news tonight. big fat tattooed beer belly attached to a brexiteer drinking cheap stella (belgian beer) from tescos. The future looks bright!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hunter8 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:41 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:06 am Its cheaper in Spain than Thailand now
It’s cheaper in many places but the combination of Thai ladies in go-go bars plus sunny weather can only be found in Thailand.

I always chuckle when men on Thaivisa forum moan about where it’s cheaper now and where they want to go instead and none of them wants to admit they are going to stay in Thailand because of ladies 😁
tbh in fairness, i just had a week in Angeles and the agogos there were fun enough and much cheaper than those in Thailand and a much better vibe, so much so im probably going to finish my contract of my apartment in Patts and spend some more time out there lol
was in Atlantis Agogo on Sunday night, they had a show on, i bought 6 San Miguel Lights and 3 lady drinks, and my bill came to about 850peso (520baht) :bow:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:45 am
It’s cheaper in many places but the combination of Thai ladies in go-go bars plus sunny weather can only be found in Thailand.

I always chuckle when men on Thaivisa forum moan about where it’s cheaper now and where they want to go instead and none of them wants to admit they are going to stay in Thailand because of ladies 😁
tbh in fairness, i just had a week in Angeles and the agogos there were fun enough and much cheaper than those in Thailand and a much better vibe, so much so im probably going to finish my contract of my apartment in Patts and spend some more time out there lol
was in Atlantis Agogo on Sunday night, they had a show on, i bought 6 San Miguel Lights and 3 lady drinks, and my bill came to about 850peso (520baht) :bow:
Off topic but what are the hotels there like and costs
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

having spent a fair amount of time in PI, ( back in the 80's)
I can honestly say, have never met a more desperate people wanting to leave their own country..

God is NOT on their side
Last edited by phuketrichard on Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

atst wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:17 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:45 am

Off topic but what are the hotels there like and costs
i was staying at a hotel a 5 minute walk from walking street, worked out about 600baht a night, was a decent enough room to be fair and well known in the area,
theres a nice hotel a 5 minute walk away with a nice rooftop infinity pool and gym and sauna, Aqua Beach Club, you can pay a 500 peso entry fee which works as a pre paid tab for drinks at the bar there, dont know about the rooms there though but its a popular place

in the walking street agogos was paying between 60-120 peso (35-70 baht) for a san miguel light,
lady drinks are either 140 peso (85baht) for a mixer drink,
or 300-350 peso (180-210 baht) for a bottle of san miguel light
for the agogo girls LT + barfine youre looking at 3-3500 peso (1800-2100 baht)
tbh the best thing about the agogos is the chilled out vibe in them, no loud thumping thai dance music, but just normal music

in the night clubs i went to a couple of times it was 100 peso (60 baht) for bottles of beer

there are cheaper places outside of the walking street, theres a bar that sells San Migs for 35peso
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic