Baht will continue to remain strong throughout 2020

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
adders28
Expatriate

Re: Baht will continue to remain strong throughout 2020

Post by adders28 »

WildA wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:42 pm
hunter8 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:43 pm Now you are talking some sense. 3 back-to-back visa exempt entries with 1 day between them can raise suspicions of the person working in Thailand, i can agree with that. It’s an important distinction. But 6 exempt entries with 1 month between them should not, in theory, be considered “scamming the system”. Yes, it’s always up to IO.
My kid floats in and out of BKK whenever she wants to go shopping and leach off of me, she has 6 (?) since 2019 and when she travels, she looks like a freakazoid, and never has a problem. I think she did 4 last year and two so far this year. Its not the number of entries, its all the other circumstances.
Just beensent videos from samui, patts and phuket so dead and empty, over to you richard with your tat figures, som nam na
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

adders28 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:56 pm
hunter8 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:43 pm Now you are talking some sense. 3 back-to-back visa exempt entries with 1 day between them can raise suspicions of the person working in Thailand, i can agree with that. It’s an important distinction. But 6 exempt entries with 1 month between them should not, in theory, be considered “scamming the system”. Yes, it’s always up to IO.
My kid floats in and out of BKK whenever she wants to go shopping and leach off of me, she has 6 (?) since 2019 and when she travels, she looks like a freakazoid, and never has a problem. I think she did 4 last year and two so far this year. Its not the number of entries, its all the other circumstances.
Just beensent videos from samui, patts and phuket so dead and empty, over to you richard with your tat figures, som nam na
screw you and ur Thailand hatred
who could have foreseen the virus outbreak>>>get a life, other than hate

Yea its slow here,(not at all dead as you state) and Pattaya is off 60% so what?
Thailand has survived and thrived thru worse

PS; the baht hit 31.18 today
from a high of 29.69 a few weeks ago
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I've no idea the hold that Thailand continues to exert over people that seem to hate it and invariably don't live there. If it was me and I reached a point where I became so bitter and twisted I think the last thing I would want to do was to expend so much negative energy on a place you've admitted you've been barred from.

While I don't want anyone dying from this, I think Chinese mass tourism has had a massively detrimental effect on Pattaya, where the infrastructure just isn't there to cope with the growth in numbers. From that perspective I see this slowdown as a positive however temporary. Nice to see the pound strengthening for my big annual cash conversion next month. Always look on the bright side of life Adders.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Richard I have to warn you. The end of this post "the baht hit 31.18 today
from a high of 29.69 a few weeks ago" was on topic, that kind of bs will not be tolerated
up to you...
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:04 pm PS; the baht hit 31.18 today
from a high of 29.69 a few weeks ago
Good to see it in the 31s.

Guess this China coronavirus has some positivity resetting the exchange rate and tourism in Thailand :beer3:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Hm. When i used to go to thailand is was near 50THB to a british pound. I just got a refund from B**king.com in THB and it was chnaged into GBP by my bank at 38THb to the GBP. lets see, a pcket of marlborough is 150 thb which is close to $5, Beer is about 60-100THB depending on where you are drinking os thats near $2-$3. Its cheaper in Spain than Thailand now
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:06 am Its cheaper in Spain than Thailand now
It’s cheaper in many places but the combination of Thai ladies in go-go bars plus sunny weather can only be found in Thailand.

I always chuckle when men on Thaivisa forum moan about where it’s cheaper now and where they want to go instead and none of them wants to admit they are going to stay in Thailand because of ladies 😁
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:26 pm
I
I've no idea the hold that Thailand continues to exert over people that seem to hate it and invariably don't live there. If it was me and I reached a point where I became so bitter and twisted I think the last thing I would want to do was to expend so much negative energy on a place you've admitted you've been barred from.

While I don't want anyone dying from this, I think Chinese mass tourism has had a massively detrimental effect on Pattaya, where the infrastructure just isn't there to cope with the growth in numbers. From that perspective I see this slowdown as a positive however temporary. Nice to see the pound strengthening for my big annual cash conversion next month. Always look on the bright side of life Adders.
I worked for human rights had to leave death threats they are evil tossers iwill post some facts,richard posts rosey propaganda bullshit.even thais admit it what is his problem, oh richard vaj has killed goy at palace by torture got photos and death certificate going to media......
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:06 am Hm. When i used to go to thailand is was near 50THB to a british pound. I just got a refund from B**king.com in THB and it was chnaged into GBP by my bank at 38THb to the GBP. lets see, a pcket of marlborough is 150 thb which is close to $5, Beer is about 60-100THB depending on where you are drinking os thats near $2-$3. Its cheaper in Spain than Thailand now
Its cheaper inengland
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

adders28 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:56 pm Just beensent videos from samui, patts and phuket so dead and empty, over to you richard with your tat figures, som nam na
Instead of baiting/trolling Richard, why don't you post the said videos? That would be more helpful for members..
adders28 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:24 pm I worked for human rights had to leave death threats they are evil tossers iwill post some facts,richard posts rosey propaganda bullshit.even thais admit it what is his problem, oh richard vaj has killed goy at palace by torture got photos and death certificate going to media......
And again. Take a few days off. Whether you agree or not with another member's views, no need to continually bait and troll.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic