Filipina Gets Busted by Sniffer Dogs at Vietnam Border

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Filipina Gets Busted by Sniffer Dogs at Vietnam Border

Post by Marty »

Just what is wrong with using chemical substances? In moderation?
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Marty wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:07 am Just what is wrong with using chemical substances? In moderation?
Nothing wrong. I am of the opinion it’s your body, do what you want with it. But if a drug addict or anyone else for that matter threatens another human, that other human should have a right to protect themselves including shooting the aggressor if the threat is vital. You know, freedom ends when it starts to hurt another person. So the problem here is crime that usually follows addictions.
Anyway, that is not the issue i was wondering.
Last edited by hunter8 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

hunter8 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:48 pm What respect can men get in the west these days? The basic forms of respect are those from women and from peers. They can’t get either because odds are stacked against them.

Moreover, african and middle east immigrants who follow their own “not progressive” rules take women from them to the extent that police in western countries can’t do nothing about it.

Some men go east. Most get wasted living without hope where they had misfortune to be born.

I would argue that local asian men are more fortunate. There are sure proven ways to get respect in Asia. Thus, no need to resort to chemical substances. The west has lost paths for men to gain basic respect.
You should be engraving this ignorance and nonsense into a clay tablet or painting it on a cave wall for posterity
up to you...
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Good point, most of what I read or see on cave walls is utter BS.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

hunter8 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:57 pm
Clemen wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:51 pm
hunter8 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:19 pm What i struggle to understand is who consumes all this sh*t in SEA. It can’t be all foreigners, right? I mean there are junkies and alcoholics in the west because women don’t respect men there any more.
Sorry, can't let this stand. Do you believe what you wrote? That is why men are alcohol or drug dependent, because women aren't subservient.
Who said subservient?
Nice and respectful, i’d put it this way. Yes, i believe it because statistics. More than half of marriages end in divorce even for those “luckier” ones who have initially managed to get along with a western woman. Men end up drinking or taking drugs. Do not underestimate the effect women have on men.

Now in SEA local men don’t seem to have this problem mostly. No need to resort to alcohol and drugs.
Okay, your fishing has made me bite. I was going to give it a wide berth, but my fingers were twitching...

So, as a man previously married to a Western woman (lucky or otherwise if you read other threads), had two fabulous kids, and eventually got divorced in quite unpleasant circumstances. Firstly, I haven't resorted to any kinds of drugs, illicit or otherwise. They're just not my thing. So we've debunked 50% of your assertion that "men end up drinking or taking drugs".

Now let's move on to the other half of your dissertation, appropriately supported by "statistics". (I'd love to read the source material for this though, I am indeed, intrigued.)

Personally, I have always enjoyed a beer or two. Before I was married, whilst married, and, subsequent to my divorce, continued to enjoy my beer. That is my vice. I don't drink anything other than lovely, cold beer. No spirits, no wine. No shots. No cocktails. Just God's own nectar. So, as this "statistic" would prove, men don't "turn to" alcohol. I never "turned to alcohol", it was always a pastime I thoroughly enjoyed (and continue to enjoy).

Now, let's move on to your other fact, that local men (read boys) in SEA don't seem to have this problem. Aside from the odd story about foreigners, the problem is based with the majority of local men (and women). Drugs is a route out of the fug that they find themselves in. Preyed upon by unscrupulous, vicious and unrelenting suppliers. Their preferred candidates being people from poorer backgrounds with poor prospects in life. Easy prey. Sad really.

It is my belief that you are being inflammatory to deliberately encourage responses. I don't believe, for a nanosecond, that you really are that (either) naive or stupid. In this day and age, it's almost impossible to be so. [One for the Mods - I am not calling anyone names!!]

ANyhoo, I wish you well on your adventures fella. They will, indeed, be adventures, wherever they take you. Peace!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

hunter8 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:48 pm What respect can men get in the west these days? The basic forms of respect are those from women and from peers. They can’t get either because odds are stacked against them.

Moreover, african and middle east immigrants who follow their own “not progressive” rules take women from them to the extent that police in western countries can’t do nothing about it.

Some men go east. Most get wasted living without hope where they had misfortune to be born.

I would argue that local asian men are more fortunate. There are sure proven ways to get respect in Asia. Thus, no need to resort to chemical substances. The west has lost paths for men to gain basic respect.
I wouldn't normally quote @Brody.

@hunter8, show us where the disrespectful Westerners touched you... :facepalm:
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Yerg wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:23 am Personally
I hate over-quoting, it’s a sin so i cut it out.

I didn’t say all men resort to drinking and drugs after an unfortunate life experience with a woman but many do. If you didn’t, good for you. I don’t think a beer or two counts for a vice. Let’s say these days you are more of an exception to the rule that you were not damaged after that event.

Men in the west can’t get respect. They feel vulnerable and insecure even at home, knowing well that their closest, their wife can destroy them at a whim, morally and financially. Even seemingly fortunate ones, billionaires at the top can’t feel secure in that. Where is the respect then? Only in Asia. That’s why we are here. Not for the temples, lol.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

hunter8 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:35 am
Yerg wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:23 am Personally
I hate over-quoting, it’s a sin so i cut it out.

I didn’t say all men resort to drinking and drugs after an unfortunate life experience with a woman but many do.
You see, you actually did in your own way. Your singular sentence was "Men resort to taking drugs or drinking alcohol." It was unspecific and therefore a generalisation. It wasn't all men, or some men, or the majority of men. It was a clear and simple assertion that men turn to drink or drugs. I didn't, and as a man, I have to hold issue with that.

If your strongest critique is my use of your words to undermine your own article, then (as butthurt as I am), I can live with that.

On a lighter note, please feel free to share the stats. The research. The supporting evidence. I've never seen it and I genuinely would be interested to read it. As long as the source is not either an MGTOW or INCEL website. These tend to be mildly flawed...
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Ok, my bad i didn’t specify i didn’t mean all men to the last one. Naturally all men cannot fall into one group. Since it cannot be interpreted in one way, feel free to find fault with it. There is no scientific research on this, it wouldn’t suit agenda of whoever usually funds sociological researches, but divorce stats are freely available and can be compared to respective stats in asian countries.

If you think all is fine back home in the west, then the big question is why are you attracted to asian women and living here? (This question again could be viewed as a bait as i know nothing about you, but the forum was getting boring with only one coronavirus thread thriving).
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

hunter8 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:57 am the forum was getting boring with only one coronavirus thread thriving).
I was wondering: is this @hunter8 just posting strange views for stirring the pot, or does he mean it?

The above quote answers my question.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic