A woman claims she and her daughters were moved from business class on Thai Airways because they were "too big"

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: A woman claims she and her daughters were moved from business class on Thai Airways because they were "too big"

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Spigzy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:38 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:20 am
Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:57 am Image
Huhana Iripa, 59, right, and daughters Renell Iripa, 28, left, and Tere Iripa, 37, centre, at Bangkok Airport in January 2020. Photo / Supplied

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12303332
Q.E.D.

(But how did they get their asses into an economy seat?)
They didn't, the complaint is that they were put in with the cargo. :stir:
:plus1: :thumb: I personally think they should weigh customers rather than bags and charge for excess flabbage. Total unfair they get double the weight allowance compared to me.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A woman claims she and her daughters were moved from business class on Thai Airways because they were "too big"

Post by DaveG »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:20 am
Huhana Iripa, 59, right, and daughters Renell Iripa, 28, left, and Tere Iripa, 37, centre, at Bangkok Airport in January 2020. Photo / Supplied

Q.E.D.

(But how did they get their asses into an economy seat?)
The seat was the least of the problems, how the F^^K did the plane even get off the ground :shock: :shock:

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Spigzy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:38 am They didn't, the complaint is that they were put in with the cargo. :stir:
:ROFL:

Thanks for causing me to spit a brimful of chai all over my laptop.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I've always thought that they should put an economy seat at the check-in next to that cage where you have to see if your hand luggage will fit. First you see if your bag will fit, then you see if your ass does.

I guess they can't make people sit in two adjacent seats due to the safety issues, but they could force people to upgrade to business class where the seats are wider, which effectively means they're charged more for their extra weight also. Plus there's more free cake in business class, so it's a win-win for everyone.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

From the op
"The extension seatbelt normally used to accommodate oversize passengers cannot be fitted to the airbag seatbelts; therefore passengers not able to fit the standard airbag seatbelt cannot be carried in business class."
And
"Thai Airways banned passengers with waists larger than 56 inches from flying in business class in 2018"
up to you...
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

They sure look big.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I am just waiting for the day when Ryanair (and then other discount carriers) start to impose weight limits on passengers.

You get the first 60kg (Female) and 75kg (Male) free of charge.

Thereafter it is £2 a kilo. So if you're a chunky 100kg bloke you pay an extra £50 if you pre-pay. And if you bullshit and under declare your weight, it's an extra £5 a kilo for every extra kilo you under declare. Scales at check-in desk. Would you really run the risk of being fat shamed at the check-in?

Ryanair have such a bad reputation already they could probably just swing it.

They also have a new marketing weapon that comes with it. If you are a slim and dread being stuck next to a pile blubber pouring over into your seat, you could be fairly sure they would have been priced and shamed out of using Ryanair.

I wonder how much money Ryanair could make with the surcharges and how much fuel (money) they could save by only flying slim people?

The currently fly an average of 263,000 people per day.

If they could reduce the average weight of each passenger by just 10 kilos, by attracting slim people, that's 2360 metric tonnes of weight, every day. That's 861,400 tonnes per year.

That's a lot of fuel saved.

"Ryanair... where fat feckers can feck off!"

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I swore off Ryanair, EasyJet and the likes over 16 years ago.

Pay the extra money for a real plane ticket. It's ultimately cheaper and less aggravating.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

That's some fucking hubris right there........ to be that morbidly obese and still pitch a bitch when airline staff question your ability to safely sit in your seat.

The stewardesses are the ones after all that will have to haul their bloated whale carcasses off the plane in the event of an emergency.

I just would have went, "Yeah, you have a point....I guess I'll have to make other arrangements. Thank you."
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:45 pm I swore off Ryanair, EasyJet and the likes over 16 years ago.

Pay the extra money for a real plane ticket. It's ultimately cheaper and less aggravating.
Ryanair. The same company that made a serious proposition to get rid of seating altogether on planes and make people stand up. The company that wanted to charge it's passenger to use the toilets during the flight. The company which will sell you a flight for 5 Euros but will only accept a debit card as payment and charges you 100 Euro's processing fee.

You're right. Pay the extra money and relax. Life's too short.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic