A woman claims she and her daughters were moved from business class on Thai Airways because they were "too big"

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

A woman claims she and her daughters were moved from business class on Thai Airways because they were "too big"

Post by Brody »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-claims ... 36672.html

Iripa told the Herald: "We went up to business class check-in and the member of staff on the desk looked at us and said 'sorry you can't.'

"The next thing, there were about five members of staff all around talking in their native language, shaking their heads and looking at us as if we'd committed a crime.

"A staff member then came forward and started saying 'no, you're too big, you're too big.'

"She then pulled out a measuring tape and wrapped it around my daughter Renell, moving her arms outstretched, before trying to do the same to me and Tere."

Iripa added: "Everyone was just standing staring at us. The whole thing was disgusting."
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: A woman claims she and her daughters were moved from business class on Thai Airways because they were "too big"

Post by cautious colin »

No pictures in the article, thus confirming that they were, in fact, "too big"?
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: A woman claims she and her daughters were moved from business class on Thai Airways because they were "too big"

Post by WildA »

cautious colin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:09 am No pictures in the article, thus confirming that they were, in fact, "too big"?
Agreed, Im a jiggling disgusting fatbody myself and would love to see how they compare so I can take that into account when I make my next reservation
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Thai Airways banned passengers with waists larger than 56 inches from flying in business class in 2018 because the seatbelts don't extend to accommodate passengers of all sizes.19 hours ago

from article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inside ... 20-1%3famp

If she and her girls brought their own seat belt ‘extenders’ all could have been avoided. I have mine at home. Just in case I ever grow to that size.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

cautious colin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:09 am No pictures in the article, thus confirming that they were, in fact, "too big"?
They're Kiwis, isn't that confirmation enough? :mrgreen:
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I had a special one made for the ex.............

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Huhana Iripa, 59, right, and daughters Renell Iripa, 28, left, and Tere Iripa, 37, centre, at Bangkok Airport in January 2020. Photo / Supplied

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12303332
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

To many fush and chups and KFC it's sad when you see younger girls and boys like that or bigger
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:57 am Image
Huhana Iripa, 59, right, and daughters Renell Iripa, 28, left, and Tere Iripa, 37, centre, at Bangkok Airport in January 2020. Photo / Supplied

Q.E.D.

(But how did they get their asses into an economy seat?)
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:20 am
Username Taken wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:57 am Image

Q.E.D.

(But how did they get their asses into an economy seat?)
They didn't, the complaint is that they were put in with the cargo. :stir:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic