Abandoned Husband Talked Down From Crane

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Abandoned Husband Talked Down From Crane

Post by Patcan »

Two of my girlfriend's brothers just lost their wives.
One to a girl (he has been a monk since it happened)
and another to a customer where she worked.
Life goes on.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:01 pm
hunter8 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:13 pm Usually can happen when man puts all eggs into one basket.
I think this is related: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... dependence
Shouldn’t it be vice versa in the article: codependent - rely on each other; dependent is a one-sided thing.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Patcan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:03 pm He should be throwing his wife off the crane!
(Along with her new boyfriend of course).
Why?
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

hunter8 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:13 pm
Patcan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:03 pm He should be throwing his wife off the crane!
(Along with her new boyfriend of course).
Why?
For being unfaithful???
It was a bit of a joke of course....
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Patcan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:20 pm joke of course....
I was worried for a second.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hunter8 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:12 pm
hunter8 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:13 pm Usually can happen when man puts all eggs into one basket.
Shouldn’t it be vice versa in the article: codependent - rely on each other; dependent is a one-sided thing.
No, it's from a medical journal, they know exactly what the terms mean.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:44 pm
No, it's from a medical journal, they know exactly what the terms mean.
Not wishing to go too far off topic (it is still love triangle related), but how is Australia treating you Mr. Bingham? :-)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ralia.html
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yeah, so I wanted to convey the point that, as happened to me in the past, that one can become so dependent on the other. Get so enmeshed in the relationship that you lose your own individuality. Give up a lot of what you were doing before and have less time for your previous activities/friends etc.

Then when the other partner pulls the plug, it's like 'the end of the world' coz your whole life, as you know it, has been turned totally upside down..the carpet has been pulled from right under your feet as it were..

I think it's a trap a lot of people fall into..either consciously or unconsciously. I did in my younger days but have learnt from it. I think it's something to bear in mind when one gets into a relationship not to give everything up.. sure, share life together but allow some space to maintain a sense for your own individuality. For me, I get my own 'alone time' to pursue the various interests I have coz she works full time and I go bar hopping with friends/visitors occasionally when they are in town whether Mrs Cargo likes it or not (actually she doesn't mind) as an example. I'm not sure how we'd go if we were together 24/7 however..

Dunno whether that's the story with the subject of this topic but sounds like it and it seems so tragic to think of taking one's own life over it..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic