Grab - Adding a debit card

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Grab - Adding a debit card

Post by Doc67 »

Is any anyone else having trouble loading a debit card onto the Grab app?

I changed my phone and did a Samsung smart switch. However Grab did not transition well and no card was on the account.

I called them and they know it is a problem but still no call back or ablility to upload a card.

Very annoying with all these pissy little riel notes I know have to carry....
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Grab - Adding a debit card

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I added a credit card a couple weeks ago without issue.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

They still can't add my card. Issue sent to technical team but no further info.

I am thinking of closing the account and deleting the app and starting from scratch but not sure if that will achieve anything apart from the loss of all my points.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Doc67 wrote:They still can't add my card. Issue sent to technical team but no further info.

I am thinking of closing the account and deleting the app and starting from scratch but not sure if that will achieve anything apart from the loss of all my points.
Which bank?

With aba you can create a virtual debit card in the aba app.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Equinix wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:09 am
Doc67 wrote:They still can't add my card. Issue sent to technical team but no further info.

Which bank?

With aba you can create a virtual debit card in the aba app.
It is ABA and a virtual card. I used it on the account before without a problem. Even a new one I created is still being refused.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Last year I had exact same issue.
Contacted grab and they fixed it within 20 minutes. They sent me this message.

I found them to be very responsive on messenger

We would like to inform you that we have refreshed the cashless feature in your profile.

Kindly be advised to update to the latest version of Grab App and add card again.

If you failed to add the card after updating to the latest version, please be advised to remove your Grab's account and re-register for the app

Please follow below step:

Open the apps > Click on the 3 lines icon on top of the left side > Click on the pen icon beside your name > Click on the "Remove Account" > Register again > enter your card.

Please reply this email with below detail if you failed to complete above step:

1) Issuing Bank:
2) Card Type (Visa/Master/Others):
3) Card Type (Debit/Credit/Others):
4) First 6 digits of the card :
5) Last 4 digits of the card:
6) Expiry date of the card:

Thank you
Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

khmerhamster wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:04 pm Last year I had exact same issue.
Contacted grab and they fixed it within 20 minutes. They sent me this message.

I found them to be very responsive on messenger

We would like to inform you that we have refreshed the cashless feature in your profile.

Kindly be advised to update to the latest version of Grab App and add card again.

If you failed to add the card after updating to the latest version, please be advised to remove your Grab's account and re-register for the app

Please follow below step:

Open the apps > Click on the 3 lines icon on top of the left side > Click on the pen icon beside your name > Click on the "Remove Account" > Register again > enter your card.

Please reply this email with below detail if you failed to complete above step:

1) Issuing Bank:
2) Card Type (Visa/Master/Others):
3) Card Type (Debit/Credit/Others):
4) First 6 digits of the card :
5) Last 4 digits of the card:
6) Expiry date of the card:

Thank you
Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Uninstalled app, reloaded it and it worked fine.

No why can't Grab figure that out?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic