Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia's Only Declared Victim of Corona Virus Recovering But Quarantined
29 January 2020
In Cambodia, the sole victim, 60-year-old Chinese national Jia Jianhua, who had returned from Wuhan with three family members last week Thursday was reported to be recovering by Ministry of Health officials.

However, all four are still under quarantine and observation at Sihanoukville referral hospital. Their discharge date has yet to be ascertained.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50684955/1 ... s-recovery
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Just read 6049 cases and 132 confirmed dead. Also flights still landing in San Fran as of yesterday.
Could be a way to clean up that homeless population. 😁
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Chinese Report Corona Virus Victim Cured in Shanghai
Google translate from Chinese:
The first confirmed case of pneumonitis with a new coronavirus in Shanghai was cured and discharged
Time: 24 January 2020 Source: CCTV news client Author: Luxue Xian Editor: Zhou Wenli

The Shanghai Municipal Health and Health Commission announced on January 24, 2020, that a person identified as Chen, the first case of pneumonia in Shanghai with a new type of coronavirus infection, was scientifically guided by the city-level expert team after admission, and the medical staff carefully diagnosed and treated the patient.
The condition gradually improved, and the body temperature was normal. At 6 days, respiratory symptoms improved significantly, and pulmonary imaging showed significant absorption of inflammation. Two new coronavirus nucleic acid tests were negative. After assessment by the Shanghai expert group, the confirmed coronavirus-infected pneumonia cases was released from isolation.
http://www.bjd.com.cn/a/202001/24/WS5e2 ... 3c2b4.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Was the claim of one sick person in this country just for show and to look competent? Extremely ironic that there has not been a second case with all of the flights that were still coming in until last Sunday afternoon/evening.
Still here, in country...
chiaojiang
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chiaojiang »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:13 am Chinese Report Corona Virus Victim Cured in Shanghai
Google translate from Chinese:
The first confirmed case of pneumonitis with a new coronavirus in Shanghai was cured and discharged
Time: 24 January 2020 Source: CCTV news client Author: Luxue Xian Editor: Zhou Wenli

The Shanghai Municipal Health and Health Commission announced on January 24, 2020, that a person identified as Chen, the first case of pneumonia in Shanghai with a new type of coronavirus infection, was scientifically guided by the city-level expert team after admission, and the medical staff carefully diagnosed and treated the patient.
The condition gradually improved, and the body temperature was normal. At 6 days, respiratory symptoms improved significantly, and pulmonary imaging showed significant absorption of inflammation. Two new coronavirus nucleic acid tests were negative. After assessment by the Shanghai expert group, the confirmed coronavirus-infected pneumonia cases was released from isolation.
Minor detail correction: Her body temperature was normal for 6 consecutive days.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Phnom Poon wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:39 pm
Mishmash wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:47 pm Image
the mask issuer has his down, and is pawing the issues?
no thanks
Well said sir!

My daughter told me that masks on Amazon.com are out, re-order has a delay because they have to come from (wait for it),,,,,, China.
She joked that we can order now so that we can get the masks pre-infected from China with the virus :( :evil:
What, Me worry?
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

As a side note: My understanding from reading the news is that Hong Kong has closed it's schools until March?
If the Virus starts to hit harder in the KOW I suspect the same will also happen there (schools closed).
Does anyone here at CEO teach (English?), may there be a big effect on the Expat community?

Also there's this news article from Time
"Wuhan Coronavirus Infections Could Be 30 Times Higher Than Official Total, Hong Kong Researchers Warn"
https://time.com/5772254/wuhan-coronavi ... ns-higher/
What, Me worry?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

The schools question is big in my mind- new school ‘term’ at Westline supposedly starts today. No news from anyone- those we know believe it’s going ahead. But I’m due to return to europe for work tomorrow. If it isn’t sorted before I go back, it’ll all go for a ball of chalk, no doubt.
Last edited by Freightdog on Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

More than 3,000 Chinese from virus-hit Wuhan are in Kingdom

More than 3,000 Chinese nationals flew into the Kingdom from Wuhan after the Novel Coronavirus outbreak, before Chinese authorities locked down the city on January 23 to contain its spread, officials said.

The State Secretariat of Civil Aviation yesterday confirmed Chinese aviation data that approximately 3,078 Chinese left Wuhan city before the lockdown.

The data said that 1,539 of them took direct flights to Preah Sihanouk International Airport and 1,539 to Siem Reap International Airport.

It said more than 20,000 Chinese nationals flew from Wuhan to Thailand, nearly 10,000 to Singapore, and more than 12,000 to Japan and South Korea.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50684773/m ... in-kingdom
Crackers
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Crackers »

Of the schools with which I am familiar, I have been extremely impressed with the precautions they are taking. Temperature screening at the gates, provision of masks, provision of hand sanitiser, strong communication with parents etc. Thumbs up from me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic