Where to buy a MASK in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Where to buy a MASK in Cambodia?

Post by Doc67 »

Does anyone know where you can buy a decent mask? The flimsy surgical ones aren't really up to much, but I have seen some pretty sturdy looking ones around town.

And idea where top buy a decent one?
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Where to buy a Mask

Post by mcam »

Loads of places on Facebook selling them but maybe you dont use through fear of scaremongering.
Deefer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Deefer »

Pharmacy Pharmacare currently have stock of better quality face masks from $15

Deefer
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

A facemask does fuck all to stop coronavirus. Pretty good for keeping all the dust and dried shit particles out, the flavours of PP.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

cptrelentless wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:01 pm A facemask does fuck all to stop coronavirus. Pretty good for keeping all the dust and dried shit particles out, the flavours of PP.
Better than nothing though, and helps the wearer from keep touching the nose and mouth.

" — If worn properly, the N95 respirator is designed to keep out airborne particles far smaller than the flu. It's been tested and shown to have 95 percent efficiency at blocking particles 0.3 microns and greater in size, says Kristin Cummings, of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Flu particles are transmitted primarily by virus-laden large droplets — particles ranging from 2 to 10 microns in diameter, according to the CDC. "

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/per ... espirators

Just a quick quote I found...
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

I bought 2 boxes 2 days ago.... Kendal Market.
... 10,000 riel for 100 masks
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

DaveG wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:37 pm

" — If worn properly, the N95 respirator is designed to keep out airborne particles far smaller than the flu. It's been tested and shown to have 95 percent efficiency at blocking particles 0.3 microns and greater in size, says Kristin Cummings, of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Flu particles are transmitted primarily by virus-laden large droplets — particles ranging from 2 to 10 microns in diameter, according to the CDC. "

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/per ... espirators

Just a quick quote I found...
that's the better type. not the flimsy type I see used around here.
Still here, in country...
Deefer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Deefer »

Extract from BBC News.

"Dr David Carrington, of St George's, University of London, told BBC News "routine surgical masks for the public are not an effective protection against viruses or bacteria carried in the air", which was how "most viruses" were transmitted, because they were too loose, had no air filter and left the eyes exposed.

But they could help lower the risk of contracting a virus through the "splash" from a sneeze or a cough and provide some protection against hand-to-mouth transmissions.

Deefer
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Deefer wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:19 am Pharmacy Pharmacare currently have stock of better quality face masks from $15

Deefer
Cheap. Picture?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I have around 20 new 3M N95 masks.

Won't be using them against the virus, as pointless.

If you disagree with me, I'll happily sell them to you for $1.75 each.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic