Cheap condos $30-$40k

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Cheap condos $30-$40k

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

An artists impression of the new "small city" in Phnom Penh for the less well-off. Image:KT

By Sok Chan
21 jan 2020

The TCC’s 20-storey complex has apartment prices starting from $950 per square metre (sq m) – around $30,000 to $40,000 per unit.

“This condo is designed for lower- and middle-income earners. TCC’s condo has 20 storeys for the first building. From the ground floor to the fourth floor is the commercial centre, from the fifth floor to sixth floor is a car park and from the seventh floor to the twentieth storey are luxury condo apartments at a cost lower than the market price,” he said.

Cambodian millennials are driving affordable condominium sales as buyers shift towards developments that offer a sense of community, liveability and walkability, according to CBRE’s Fearless Forecast 2020. CBRE said that affordable places will rise in price because of healthy demand from local buyers, while mid-range and high-range condo prices will remain stable.

Based on the CBRE’s forecast, the condominium supply in 2020 is expected to increase 55 percent to 28,000 units. Of those, 24 percent are high-end, 46 percent are mid-range and 30 percent are considered to be affordable.

full.https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50681541/t ... able-homes
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cheap condos $30-$40k

Post by canucklhead »

1000 per sq. meter is a decent price for something finished, but location is also a major factor.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I think you will find most of those cheap places are 4m x 10m or 12 m. Just big enough to swing a cat in.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Duncan wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:42 pm I think you will find most of those cheap places are 4m x 10m or 12 m. Just big enough to swing a cat in.
My studio in Sydney is 37sqm. Big enough to have a queen bed, sofa and tv zone and kitchen with a peninsular bench. Bathroom big enough to have a washing machine and there's also a balcony. Perfectly comfortable for a single or a couple starting out. When you are forced to sit on the bed to watch TV because there's no room for a sofa, that's when a studio is too small because you may as well be in a hotel room.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:43 pm
Duncan wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:42 pm I think you will find most of those cheap places are 4m x 10m or 12 m. Just big enough to swing a cat in.
My studio in Sydney is 37sqm. Big enough to have a queen bed, sofa and tv zone and kitchen with a peninsular bench. Bathroom big enough to have a washing machine and there's also a balcony. Perfectly comfortable for a single or a couple starting out. When you are forced to sit on the bed to watch TV because there's no room for a sofa, that's when a studio is too small because you may as well be in a hotel room.

So no room for swinging a cat.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Duncan wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:46 pm

I've swung a cat in there.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:53 pm
Duncan wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:46 pm

I've swung a cat in there.

Obviously a Tom cat,,, what colour ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic