Visa requirements UK citizens

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Scousio
Tourist
Great Britain

Visa requirements UK citizens

Post by Scousio »

Hi all,

My wife and I are visiting SE Asia end February spending a little time in Thailand and then hoping to head to Cambodia to pursue our goal of teaching English preferably in Siem Reap/Phnom Penh, we are planning staying long term what visa would we apply for being UK nationals? where would we apply (at home or when in Thailand)?
Thanks in advance :bow: :bow: :beer3:
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Visa requirements UK citizens

Post by xandreu »

You apply when you land in Cambodia. Make sure you get the business visa and not the tourist visa. You then have one month to extend it at any participating travel agent (which is most of them). You can extend it for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. If you haven't found a job within the first month I think you can only extend it for 1 or 3 months as you need a letter of employment to extend it for 6 or 12 months. That's how the rules used to be anyway. They may have changed.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Visa requirements UK citizens

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I believe the visa is called an ordinary visa (e class) and should cost 35$ just to avoid any confusion.

I then had a letter (one I wrote up at home) confirming I will be seeking employment and looking to extend my visa by 6 months whilst I look, I took this to a visa / travel agent and paid them to extend for 6 months. The letter was printed and signed, not sure if it made a difference but that's what some internet blog advised and sure enough it was approved.

The extension is an EG extension.

This may have changed, the 6 month visa is also a multi entry
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic