Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Stinkman
Expatriate

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by Stinkman »

Alex wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:11 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:19 am the serious cases were immediately flown back to Wuhan.
Nonsense.
Yeah, nobody is that senseless as to put seriously sick people with a seemingly air-borne contagious virus on a plane to anywhere and expose thousands of others en route.
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

The 2 groups most likely to get seriously ill from the virus are the very young and very old.

The economic knock on will start to be felt by a much larger group.

Airlines, hotels , restaurants and malls etc will see a drop off in customers throughout asia. People are going to act defensively especially when it comes to their kids.

Sihanoukville for example that put all its eggs in the one basket with Chinese tourism is going to feel the pinch.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Mishmash wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:36 pm
AzalKH wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:34 pm
I suspect that the leaked videos are possibly hoaxes or locals in the Wuhan area suffering from anxiety induced fainting, consider school/factory mass faintings here. I could be wrong, but people don't tend to just collapse and die from a flu while still healthy enough to get to public areas after doing some shopping. Easy to see how a hoax might be appealing to some individuals given how susceptible both the local and global population are right now, and equally the anxiety/stress being felt by those in quarantined cities is going to be pretty extreme.
As I say - watch the videos.. They are not fake or hoaxes. And what I have said is true. Watch the vids then decide. It's not fainting sir - they're brown bread and the hazmat guys are shown collecting them. A stiff is a stiff.
come on,how do you know 100%?? You really trust everything online?
we see dead people in videos an movies all the time, just cause its online does not mean its real
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Mishmash wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:21 pm I uploaded a few to youtube as people keep commenting without actually watching on Twitter and providing feedback.

The posters are actually real people in Wuhan and I doubt anyone is so sick as to do this for some kind of joke.

There are others.

LOL:
he just happened to be filming some random guy when he falls over?

Please Mis, ur really not that Gullible are you??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 135 »

I see on Flight Radar that Lanmei is still flying WUH-REP, latest arrival at 4am this morning
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:35 pm
Crackers wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:27 pm There are no confirmed or suspected cases of Coronavirus in Cambodia
If the ministry says so, it must be true.

I just wonder if the facilities to confirm the presence of this new virus are available in the KoW.... in a country not even able to diagnose a common PAP smear sample.....
Spoke to an internist this morning, he told me there are test available at Pasteur. All hospitals / clinics have been instructed to send samples to Pasteur.

When I asked him if he knew of any confirmed cases in Cambodia he was reluctant to answer because the Cambodian people shouldn't be scared.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Just searched Expedia. Still selling to airplane tickets from Wuhan to Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and Sihanoukville. The ones to Sihanoukville are sold out until February. Hainan and China Southern still listed as flying routes from Wuhan into the Kingdom of Wonder. Didn’t actually buy a ticket, however.

If true, it’s an open route that the Chinese in Wuhan can use to flee.

Right into the Kingdom of Wonder.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:46 am
Mishmash wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:21 pm I uploaded a few to youtube as people keep commenting without actually watching on Twitter and providing feedback.

The posters are actually real people in Wuhan and I doubt anyone is so sick as to do this for some kind of joke.

There are others.

LOL:
he just happened to be filming some random guy when he falls over?

Please Mis, ur really not that Gullible are you??
The one at 29 seconds looks like bullshit 100%. it seems out of context with the others. it looks like officers with no protection including being ungloved pop right out to gather him up. :roll:
But the rest look legit to me from looking at what's happening in the surroundings. The videos with nurses breaking down and the quarantine video looks legit to me. I'm never fooled though :D

edit: CNN right now reporting 56 confirmed deaths and 1975 cases in Mainland China.

I believe those videos are bullshit
Last edited by Ravensnest on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still here, in country...
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

135 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:12 am I see on Flight Radar that Lanmei is still flying WUH-REP, latest arrival at 4am this morning
Yes you are correct, not sure what the logic is to this one...........maybe they ain't worried about a bit of flu :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 7#23a5a38d

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51249208

BBC reports "The city of Wuhan is effectively on lockdown".............

Except for flights to Siem Reap by the looks of it.....Make your own evaluation as to why that may be the case ........ :dragonchase:
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:37 am Just searched Expedia. Still selling to airplane tickets from Wuhan to Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and Sihanoukville. The ones to Sihanoukville are sold out until February. Hainan and China Southern still listed as flying routes from Wuhan into the Kingdom of Wonder. Didn’t actually buy a ticket, however.

If true, it’s an open route that the Chinese in Wuhan can use to flee.

Right into the Kingdom of Wonder.
None listed here

https://rep.cambodia-airports.aero/en/f ... departures
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic