Man Shoots Medical Student Girlfriend to Death in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Man Shoots Medical Student Girlfriend to Death in Phnom Penh

Post by Duncan »

Brody wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:32 pm These Khmer male pukes are all momma's-boys...........

Lean on his fucking highfalutin parents and you'll find him quick, I think.

I think tracking the calls that are made to his parents would lead to where he is.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

thats to simple he is from the elite and the elite look after there own.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

Mish I know of a couple of cases in other countries where the parents have made payments to have guilty parties (usually the son) taken out of the country. I know you are a strong supporter of the unit this coward came from but I think it's time they look further afield as I think he's in a neighbouring country or close to the border. He is too much of a coward to top himself and as Duncan said I would be pulling in the parents for a talk and tracking their phones and movements. I even think Pieman is right in this instance as the parents have some money it seems so they an possibly afford to pay off people as needs be.
I hope they Battalion do get their hands on him. Alive. Then they can teach him about honour and respect before handing him over to the law.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

"Then they can teach him about honour and respect before handing him over to the law."

Just to present a contrarian view -

EVerybody, elite units in particular, need to follow the law - strictly.
The very last thing we need is for them to think their own ideas about summary justice are OK.

Do we believe in the rule of law or not.
If so, these guys should be the first to step into line - they set the tone.

Personally, i am a firm believer in the rule of law. It is the only protection of the poor, and everybody.
I think Cambodia would be a far better place for it, and these unit are the place to set the standard.
"Exemptions" in "special circumstances" are The Pox in Cambodia.

:stir:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This case has attracted some attention. The perp will be caught eventually and given a long sentence. While there certainly is some immunity that comes with power and influence here, not many get away with directly shooting someone in the face.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

just like the girl who murdered with her car.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:22 pm just like the girl who murdered with her car.
Hang on. Wasn't that one not premeditated while this one was?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:03 am Please recall our best units were trained by the finest from the US and AUS.

I recall "Strike Hard, Strike Fast, No Mercy!!" and "De Opresso Liber" being particularly well drilled :thumb:

Believe sir, believe!!! The brothers have turned their backs. End of story

I know you've got a hard-on for the local military, but as far as I know, it's been ages since any significant number were directly "trained" by the US or AUS. The issues with the military here are numerous, but as with most problems here, the most glaring is the endemic corruption which permeates their institutions. Training doesn't really make any difference if leadership positions can be bought/sold (or used for personal gain), private cars are allowed to have RCAF plates, staff are allowed to work "part-time"/spend more time on their side-businesses, conflicts of interest are ignored and so on. Military effectiveness and operational readiness is severely compromised except for perhaps a few "key" units. Besides, it's not their job to arrest the perp. The police are there for that. Though maybe you meant guys from his unit wouldn't harbour him? In that case I understand. Either way, I thought he was already in custody, so this is all quite surreal that he's still on the lam.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:38 pm
PIEMAN wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:22 pm just like the girl who murdered with her car.
I WOULD THINK DRIVING A CAR AT 70MPH IN PP ON A SIDE STREET IS AS PREMEDITATED AS IT GETS.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:14 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:38 pm
I WOULD THINK DRIVING A CAR AT 70MPH IN PP ON A SIDE STREET IS AS PREMEDITATED AS IT GETS.
Yeah, I get where you're coming from in terms of the outcomes.

From memory, it was never substantiated whether that teenage driver was 16, 17 or 18 and indeed, whether she even had a car license. Sure, careless, negligent driving to the extreme but no intention to kill. Clueless, irresponsible girl didn't think of the consequences of her actions.

The other guy, seemingly totally different story coz he can't argue it was a negligent accident.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic